• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Claim form from Gladstones Solicitors representing Link Parking

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Claim form from Gladstones Solicitors representing Link Parking

Hi @ostell

Response from the housing management representative gave opposite opinion on the lease saying it favoured the Link parking and that it can enforce PCN. #confused

I have attached the pics of response from management ( which was forwarded to me).

I have yet to see schedule 2 of the lease but have asked for info on it. Will upload as soon as I get it.
    Attached Files

Comment

The relevant portion of that letter is the phrase "simply added further regulation to the rules" What they have done is attempted to vary the terms of your lease, which is not allowed without your consent.

I thought the attachments in posts #12 & 14 were the lease?

Others will give their opinion.

Comment

@ostell yes, I agree with you. It doesn't mention external company that would manage parking in the contract at all. Thanks for pointing out that phrase in the response from housing management company (posted in #16).

#12 and 14 are also part of lease. The management company that manages the apartment building where I got PCN referred to schedule 2 of the lease so wanted to check if I was missing out any other information.

I was only staying in that Bristol apartment temporarily for few weeks and rented the parking space from one of the other resident in the same building. Does it make my case weaker?
        Attached Files

Comment

[MENTION=5354]mystery1[/MENTION] any views on the lease information?

Comment

@mystery1 so far I have only come up with following statements to write in my defence. I have 122 lines to write my defence but seems like I can't attach pictures. I am worried I might have passed my last date of making defence in time. I was served claim form on 27th March.

"I deny all particulars of claim made by the claimant and support my case with the following statements.

1. My vehicle in discussion xxx was parked in its rightful parking space of 801 flat by the permission of flat xx owner Mrs xx, as she wasn’t using her car park space.
            2. Driver of the vehicle was xx , my sister while I am the owner of the car. She was residing in flat xxx when the PCNs were issued to her.
            3. The car had valid pass on the dashboard, which the parking operator failed to check.
            4. The pictures which were only accessed after second appeal through independent appeal service, shows the car park permit on the dashboard."

Comment

Edit to suit. Email it and go to MCOL and add a comment in the defence box to say emailed. https://www.justice.gov.uk/courts/email-guidance

fightingpcndef.rtf

Pictures etc are much later.

M1

Comment

Originally posted by fightingpcn View Post
                @mystery1 so far I have only come up with following statements to write in my defence. I have 122 lines to write my defence but seems like I can't attach pictures. I am worried I might have passed my last date of making defence in time. I was served claim form on 27th March.

Form dated 27th March, as long as you filed acknowledgement of service, you get 28 days plus 5 days for service, a total of 33 days from 27th March. As that is today (29th) you actually get until Monday but best get it done asap.

M1

Comment

[MENTION=5354]mystery1[/MENTION] thanks.

Do you think I should mention that the main defendant my brother wasn't the driver but just owner of the vehicle in my defence; I was the one who had made agreements for the parking space?

Comment

[MENTION=5354]mystery1[/MENTION] thanks.

Do you think I should mention that the main defendant my brother wasn't the driver but just owner of the vehicle in my defence; I was the one who had made agreements for the parking space?
                    #4 i believe covers that.

As far as i'm concerned, unless you haven't mentioned that you both have claims against you, your brother is the only defendant. You don't want to let them know who was driving unless you have to. If a judge asks your brother try and say "a family member" and see if that suffices.

M1

Comment

Thanks [MENTION=5354]mystery1[/MENTION]. Sorry you did mention that before.

Any suggestions on lease that I can submit in my defence?

Comment

Thanks [MENTION=5354]mystery1[/MENTION]. Sorry you did mention that before.

Any suggestions on lease that I can submit in my defence?
                        #7 & 8 covers it. Note the xxxxx parts need filled in with names etc.

The defence is just bringing these subjects up. When we get closer we will expand the points in a skeleton argument which will either be written and submitted ahead of time or delivered orally at the hearing.

M1

Comment

[MENTION=5354]mystery1[/MENTION] I have submitted defence. Thanks for your time and help so far. Really appreciate it.

I will keep you updated with my case...will most likely need more of your help in future. :P

Comment

Hi [MENTION=5354]mystery1[/MENTION], I have received the attached forms. I am not sure if I am supposed to fill any form and send it to court too.
                            Attached Files

Comment

Have you received a blank N180 from the court at all ?

You don't need to do anything with that one, as that is their directions questionnaire they have returned to the court. They are asking the case to be heard in box work so no one need appear. You can object if you feel that appearing in court would give you a better chance of winning the case. They have also asked the case to be heard at a court near them - so High Legh ? (no idea where that is) - on your N180 you would be asking for it to be heard at your local court ( as you are a LIP with limited resources and they are a national firm etc )
                              #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Thank you [MENTION=6]Amethyst[/MENTION]. I will check if I've got any forms.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X