• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Desperately seeking help - Lowell disagreement

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Desperately seeking help - Lowell disagreement

I am sorry if I sounded doom and gloom and yes I do think it's harsh that one relatively small payment can hurt you.

There is no harm trying the goodwill route but it's about managing your expectations.

If lowell or the I o do play ball so much the better, if not , there is little you can do.

Originally posted by nemesis45 View Post
    Despite the gloom and doom statement it's well worth trying to get the default removed it's is unfair that a default for a small amount on a phone agreement should blight ones life and prevent you getting credit as normal rates or prevent you getting a mortgage for years, try the gesture of good will approach.

nem

Comment

Originally posted by Phoenix1792 View Post
      I'm still not crazy about having to wait another 4 years to get a mortgage!
      I can't see any good grounds for the default to be removed. You can try the goodwill appeal but I would be surprised if it works.

BUT you don't have to wait until the default disappears to get a mortgage. Anecdotally you can get a mortgage at a reasonable rate from some high street lenders if a default is
      a) over 3 years old and
      b) has been repaid fro more than a year.

So that would be this time next year Go through a broker, don't apply direct to a lender as you may choose one who is picky about old defaults.

If you have an unusually large deposit and very good income for what you want to borrow, it could be worth talking to a broker now.

Comment

Ah that's amazing to know, thanks DebtCamel.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
        Working...
        X