• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Credit Card debt could be waived for longstanding debt(why is this news!!!)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Credit Card debt could be waived for longstanding debt(why is this news!!!)

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-39476895

Have anyone thought of mentioning to the FCA about something called THE LENDING CODE. It's quite a new thing(been around for about 10 years). It has little bit within it of helping customers in financial difficulty.

Anyone else heard of the fancy new Lending Code???

Before anyone answers the above question, I am being EXTREMELY sarcastic. It's ridiculous that the FCA have to even propose such measures when it's blindingly obvious except if you are a financial institution making money from people who do not pay their bill on time or pay the minimum. I'm guilty of that and have been rewarded by my bank increasing my credit limit.

About 15 years ago, one of my credit cards decided that they would increase my limit to more than I earned per annum. I reduced the limit. How about a ban of banks increasing credit limits on credit cards without the cardholder requesting it....
    "Family means that no one gets forgotten or left behind"
    (quote from David Ogden Stiers)
    Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
Working...
X