• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Sold a faulty car

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Sold a faulty car

Hi guys...quick update. The 14 days passed and i have sent in a demand for judgement to the court as defendant did not respond. What happens now?

Comment

Did you fill in the form?

You wait to get the judgement order from the court which will also be sent to the defendant. Sensibly he should pay within a month or a CCJ would be recorded against him. If no payment then it's the bailiffs and if they fail then the sheriffs. Costs are added each time. You could be a TV star yet!

If payment is not forthcoming then get details of the additional costs and write to them pointing out the additional costs they will have to pay for enforcement.

( OK they are not bailiffs any more, they're enforcement officers.)

Comment

Just a warning that the defendant COULD apply for a set aside of the judgment then proceed to defend. He should ask you to consent first, but more likely will just apply to the court. It is best just to consent to this as it can add costs on in the long run otherwise. The court should send you a copy of the Judgment in Default and once the terms of that Judgment have been broken ( eg he hasn't paid) you can start enforcement action.

In the claim did you also ask for a specific remedy like the car being collected by the defendant ?
        #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Thanks ostell...I'd rather he sorted this out before enforcement but i don't think he will

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks Amethyst...i did not ask for the car being collected but did insist on this in the letters before action.

Comment

Update....Sent the request for judgement but it has been returned stating that the defendant filed an acknowledgement service at the last minute. I now have to wait until 2nd June to find out what is going on as they have a 14 working day backlog!!!

Comment

By now he should have filed a defence and you should have a copy. What was the date of service?

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
              Working...
              X