• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Privity of Contract - Med Neg Expert report

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Privity of Contract - Med Neg Expert report

My ex sols ordered screening report in clinical neg case

I paid £1000

It was terrible eg in my view LOGIC showed a situation HE reported on (ie no medical evidence needed for what was focused on as there was no alternative for a "situation")...

He has blanked all my requests for clarification (hiding behind instructed via sols NOT ME!)

Yet a comprehensive and written by demi god judges book "Litigants in Person" suggests (for a FEE) med experts ARE obliged to answer questions!

Apart from it being morally reprehensible to just take the £1000 and run (ie NOT answer simple logical Qs) - it now seems he can LEGALLY avoid me going for breach of contract / negligence due to "“privity of contract”, as a prerequisite of an action in contract"

Matthew

So let me get this right... I pay £1000.... The £1000 gets passed to med expert. Yet the contract is deemed to be between him and solicitors and I am not privy... (the "consideration" for the contract was from me!?...). Surely there is some provision for the person funding some work to have a right to take an action when the payment was by them (via solicitor as agent) AND the work is for the payer of the report (although the information is deemed as done for the courts NOT the payer)??

Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
Working...
X