• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Do people with learning disabilities get the care they need?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Do people with learning disabilities get the care they need?

Originally posted by paws View Post
    stephen hawking
    we...
    Are...
    Not...
    Worthy!!
    PLEASE NOTE: I work irregular hours including nights and sleep in shifts. If I have not responded in 48 hours, please ask an admin to Messenger me!

"If you ever feel alone, remember, I am just the other side of the rainbow, or just south of the North Star. Whichever is closer." - A.J Murphy. 17/3/1974 - 16/03/1997 (RIP babe <3)

Comment

So today I spent a happy day at work with the most amazing people, [MENTION=5553]charitynjw[/MENTION] thank YOU and people like you for allowing me to have this job!

Whilst the people I work with might not make a monetary contribution to this world, we have a couple who volunteer at charity shops etc.

And you know what? If all the others were put on this earth to do is smile, they are doing one HELL of a good job!!

If they don't "make a contribution to society" then I don't want to be part of society!
      PLEASE NOTE: I work irregular hours including nights and sleep in shifts. If I have not responded in 48 hours, please ask an admin to Messenger me!

"If you ever feel alone, remember, I am just the other side of the rainbow, or just south of the North Star. Whichever is closer." - A.J Murphy. 17/3/1974 - 16/03/1997 (RIP babe <3)

Comment

Originally posted by pt2537 View Post
        having read your quotes on this thread i really do have to say you show yourself up.

I have a learning disability, i am dyslexic, i take from no one, i have never claimed any of the benefits id be entitled to now, i work, i earn my keep, and im also a very experienced litigator with various university qualifications. All of which have been achieved despite my illness / disability.

so, would you class me as taker?
        PT
        Just for reference , the term these days is a learning difference or as they say in education SPLD

Incidentally, it is unlikely you would get any state benefits if dyslexia was you sole learning difference although if you were in education you would get the extra support needed.

Comment

Originally posted by warwick65 View Post
          .......although if you were in education you would get the extra support needed.
          To (badly) paraphrase the late Dame Thora Hird, there was no 'learning difference' in my day; you were sat at the back with raffia.
          CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
          Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
          gets his brain a-going.
          Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
          The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
          Working...
          X