• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Cabot have passed the debt to solicitors

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Cabot have passed the debt to solicitors

Sorry [MENTION=551]pt2537[/MENTION]

Sorry [MENTION=92657]Warpa[/MENTION]

I was concentrating on how much vodka I could fit in my luggage.

As warpa says, no it was a response to the LBA.

At least MC know there has been a request which is good.

Comment

Originally posted by warwick65 View Post
      Sorry [MENTION=551]pt2537[/MENTION]

Sorry [MENTION=92657]Warpa[/MENTION]

I was concentrating on how much vodka I could fit in my luggage.

As warpa says, no it was a response to the LBA.

At least MC know there has been a request which is good.
      I didn't send an lba, just the cca and a copy to the solicitors. I know you said I could send the lba, but also said I should be OK so held off.
      Anyone for more vodka?

Comment

Originally posted by Warpa View Post
        I didn't send an lba, just the cca and a copy to the solicitors. I know you said I could send the lba, but also said I should be OK so held off.
        Anyone for more vodka?
        zi know you didn't send an lbs but they did. Pay up or else!

Well I'll hopefully you have shown them the or else isnt what they hoped.

Comment

i have heard back from their solicitors. If the 12 days pass and Cabot don't provide any of the information i asked for what then?
          If 12 days pass and Cabot can't produce the documents then you do nothing because it's their problem not yours

Mortimer Clarke's letter acts as acknowledgment that Cabot has received your CCA Request.

Cabot should write to tell you that the debt is unenforceable while they are in a period of non compliance. That's what the FCA Handbook CONC 13.1.6 says a firm should do > https://www.handbook.fca.org.uk/handbook/CONC/13/1.html

Di

Comment

To be fair to Cabot which is Something I am not used to saying....
            They have always acknowledged my cca requests and told me what happens next. They also say they will keep me updated on what is happening although on the last two they haven't. I do not at this point want to remind them.

They are a little slow though so don't panic. You know they have received it which is all that matters

Comment

Maybe on the last two they have nothing to provide you with therefore nothing to update? I did read a post on similar to this going on for months, each month a letter would arrive saying there is no update, then further down the line they said they can't provide what is asked for and closed the account.

Comment

Maybe on the last two they have nothing to provide you with therefore nothing to update? I did read a post on similar to this going on for months, each month a letter would arrive saying there is no update, then further down the line they said they can't provide what is asked for and closed the account.
                Indeed that is what should happen. I am quite content I have heard nothing from them for 12 months.

Comment

Just an update to let those following that I've not had a reply yet.

Comment

What are the odds of that! the mail man just dropped a letter through.

Admin ill post this here as its at the same stage as Cabot. let me know if it would be easier and clearer for everyone in a seperate topic.

This is a credit card debt i believe for under 5k. Wescot are the DC but have Arrow global acting on their behalf. No solicitors involved or threatened yet and i sent the CCA request to them at the same time i sent it to Cabot on the 28/03/2017.
                    Attached Files

Comment

What are the odds of that! the mail man just dropped a letter through.

Admin ill post this here as its at the same stage as Cabot. let me know if it would be easier and clearer for everyone in a seperate topic.

This is a credit card debt i believe for under 5k. Wescot are the DC but have Arrow global acting on their behalf. No solicitors involved or threatened yet and i sent the CCA request to them at the same time i sent it to Cabot on the 28/03/2017.
                      Would you like to start a new thread for this debt, it'll be easier to provide help if the two accounts don't get muddled.

It's always nice to have a letter from a debt purchaser admitting they haven't got the documents to comply with a s 77-79 CCA Request (yet).

Who was the original creditor of the Arrow debt and when did you open the account?

Di

Comment

Just an update to let those following that I've not had a reply yet.
                        Long may that continue

Di

Comment

Thanks for the reply Di. Ive just done some digging through paperwork and got myself rather confused. I dont even know whether to start a new topic for the following reasons;

This Cabot debt that got handed over to their solicitors Mortimer Clarke was for a Sainsburys Bank personal loan taken out in August 2010, prior to that Wescot owned the debt but i have no paperwork informing me they had sold it on.

Now the Wescot debt was for a credit card taken out in July 2009, But that was previously owned by Capquest, again no letters to say it had been sold on.

Comment

Hi Warpa
                            I understand your frustration and confusion

There has been so many mergers and acquisitions in the debt industry over the last few years it is hard to know who owns who etc

Capquest were bought out by Arrow Global
                            http://www.capquest.co.uk/who-we-are...n-of-capquest/

I do not know why Arrow Global always seem to claim they do not own the debt, either they do or they don't. If they don't they can not take you to court
                            My thoughts are they are just trying to confuse you

As they have your CCA request they now have to respond

Comment

Now the Wescot debt was for a credit card taken out in July 2009, But that was previously owned by Capquest, again no letters to say it had been sold on.
                              Who was the original creditor (before Capquest)?

Di

Comment

Originally posted by Diana M View Post
                                Who was the original creditor (before Capquest)?

Di
                                That was MBNA

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X