• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Resign before disciplinary?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Resign before disciplinary?

I have been off sick for 2 months after an operation. The week before I was due back to work I was called to an Investigatory meeting, which I attended the day I was due back to work. I was presented with evidence that I feel is fabricated but I am unable to prove otherwise. I have been aware that my company has wanted to get rid of be for around 6mths (I have worked for the company for 5 yrs) and there has been mention, not directly to me, that I was to be made redundant.

As a result I have now been told of a formal disciplinary meeting "that may result in further action". I suffer from stress and have in the last few years had time off for this and it is due to work. I feel that the relationship with my boss has broken down and even if this was resolved I would not wish to return to work there.

What are, if any, the implications if I resign before the meeting? Can they then immediately sack me? If i resign giving a months notice, what happens as I am suspended will they have to pay me, or can they accept and place me on gardening leave? I am not bothered about the implications of a reference as I have had a job offer from a family member, so will not need one.

Any help would be appreciated the meeting is Friday this week.
    Tags: None

Re: Resign before disciplinary?

A future reference from the company could include the fact that you resigned whilst under investigation OR the company could proceed with the meeting whether you resign or not and worst case scenario dismiss you.

The company is under no obligation to allow you to resign without sanction. They might do but remember the reference issue.
    "Family means that no one gets forgotten or left behind"
    (quote from David Ogden Stiers)

Comment

Im not worried about the reference, im just so stressed out and just want an end to it all, not bothered about it looking as if im guilty, I know im not. Just want to hand in my resignation but can they still insist I attend the meeting and do they have to abide by my months notice, which they will no doubt put me in gardening leave

Comment

They can still schedule the meeting, but you don't have to turn up and they could sack you as a worst case scenario. There is no compulsion for you to turn up.
        "Family means that no one gets forgotten or left behind"
        (quote from David Ogden Stiers)

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
        Working...
        X