• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Pra mbna court claim

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pra mbna court claim

I have been paying £1 a month on an old mnba credit card (taken out 2003) since 2010 following a change in financial circumstances. I have now received claim from pra through Northampton business county court claiming full amount owed £18000 plus interest from June 16. Not clear why from June as have continued to pay since then. The claim refers to default in 2010, reassignment to activ kapital then to Pra. I've requested credit agreement and cpr31.14. I'm looking to defend based on missing documentation and the templates above appear suitable. However today I have received a copy of the signed section of cca which appears separate to the t&cs. On a separate page are terms 1 to 3, terms 4 to 19 are not attached and on this page it states "The rest of your terms and conditions (paras 4 to 19) can be found in the full copy (which we must give to you under the CCA 1974) which is attached.' Question Is this enforceable I seem to recall reading the T&Cs and signature should all be on the same page. There are no interest rates showing and the credit limit showing is 11500 so below the amount claimed. No default notice has been sent. They have sent what they say are notices of assignment but I'm not clear what these should look like. Also the Aktiv Kapital states purchased from Varde Investments (Ireland) and not from mbna. This suggests there should be another assignment from mbna to Varde - would you agree?
    Tags: None

Re: Pra mbna court claim

Originally posted by Lollipop View Post
    Also the Aktiv Kapital states purchased from Varde Investments (Ireland) and not from mbna. This suggests there should be another assignment from mbna to Varde - would you agree?
    Yes I would

Does the name Experto Credite mean anything to you ?

Di

Comment

Yes it does. It states on one of the letters that it is Experto I have the agreement with but I've never had any dealings with them either. Do you have any thoughts re enforceability of incomplete cca they've sent me and any advice on how I should proceed?

Comment

It states on one of the letters that it is Experto I have the agreement with but I've never had any dealings with them either. Do you have any thoughts re enforceability of incomplete cca they've sent me and any advice on how I should proceed?
        Okay a claim for £18,000 is not going to go away easily. It will be allocated to the Fast Track where the timetable for the proceedings is 30 weeks from allocation to Trial, or even longer if there are any legal interruptions (applications) along the way.

Here's what to expect > https://www.justice.gov.uk/courts/pr...l/rules/part28

The important thing is to get the claim set up properly.

Di

Comment

I have received a copy of the signed section of cca which appears separate to the t&cs. On a separate page are terms 1 to 3, terms 4 to 19 are not attached and on this page it states "The rest of your terms and conditions (paras 4 to 19) can be found in the full copy (which we must give to you under the CCA 1974) which is attached.' Question Is this enforceable
          It's not possible to comment without seeing the documents, but my first questions has to be do you actually recognise all those documents?

What did the covering letter say about them being "reconstituted" documents (if it did)?

Don't accept at face value that what you've been sent today is necessarily what you may have been sent/signed/agreed in 2003. You'll need to run forensics over them.

So are they recons?

Di

Comment

They have sent what they say are notices of assignment but I'm not clear what these should look like.
            The Notices of Assignment should look like the ones they apparently sent you in the past.

If you don't know what they should look like this may suggest that it's the first time you've seen them.

Perhaps you never received any NOA?

Di

Comment

No default notice has been sent.
              That's encouraging

Did you ask them to produce the DN in your CPR 31.14 Request?

Di

Comment

any advice on how I should proceed?
                Yes.

Send a Subject Access Request to MBNA to get the full history of your account.

That way you'll be able to cross check any documents produced by the Claimant to see if they are 'honest and accurate'. The Transaction Log can be a mine of information.

What is the claim Issue Date?

Di

Comment

I have now received claim from pra through Northampton business county court claiming full amount owed £18000 plus interest from June 16.
                  Can you confirm that you have filed your Acknowledgment of Service?

You've not said the claim Issue Date but you have 19 days from that to file the AOS and 33 days from the claim Issue Date to file your Defence.

Since this claim is over £18k you need to do everything correctly.

Di

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                  Working...
                  X