• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Nationwide Underwriter

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nationwide Underwriter

Who is the underwriter for a Nationwide Credit Card,

Ive been told i can contact the Underwriter for PPI refund, as :

a. nationwide said no
    b, FoS said no, cos nationwide said no, and due to the fact its been too long, ??

I believe this could be a couple of thousand owed,

Q.
    Tags: None

Re: Nationwide Underwriter

First off why did nationwide say no?
    What do you mean by too long?

Comment

they said no - becuase they said i took too long to appeal for a PPI claim as i knew about it for such a long time - it was actually only last year or so i found some old CC statements and realised there was PPI - Seeing PPI on those statements back in the late 90s, no one would have thought it was an issue,

FoS agreed with Nationwide, and said nothing can be done, and probably way to left long now, until some said its never too long,

I shall find letters if that helps to post on there,

Comment

Is there a time limit for making a claim?

You must complain to the ombudsman within six years of the event complained about, or three years after you first became aware that you may have grounds for complaint, whichever is longest. For example, if you were sold PPI in 2005, you may still be able to take your complaint to the Financial Ombudsman Service if you only became aware of the possible mis-selling last year.

Comment

thats exactly what i did - i became aware early last year and wrote to them within a week of seeing PPI on the statement and thinking hmmm never knew that !

as i say, prob way too late now, as they fobbed me off,

I did tell FoS i wrote to Nationwide a week after was actually aware.

Comment

Was your reply from the ombudsman an initial decision? If so you can ask for a formal decision by an ombudsman that would be final and can not be overturned by another ombudsman.
            You would need to put forward a strong case about how you think the initial decision is wrong in the fact you did not realise you had ppi until you found old paper work etc.

Info HERE on the process

Comment

yes the reply from the FoS was the initial and only one - i didnt take it any further and this was over a year ago now,

Comment

So you haven't asked for a formal decision? have you asked if this is no longer possible ?
                If not I would call the FOS and ask them, they will know the details and just say you had no idea until lately that you could ask for a formal decision. Say you have been confused re the time scales and thought you were ok with the fact you complained as soon as you found out you had PPI.

Comment

As for the underwriter it may be Legal and General

http://www.nationwide.co.uk/products...ducts/overview

• Life insurance, Critical Illness Cover and Income Protection Benefit plans are provided by Legal & General

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                  Working...
                  X