• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

LLoyds Sold Disputed Debt To Capquest

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LLoyds Sold Disputed Debt To Capquest

Hello

I have started receiving letters from a company called Capquest. I assume it is relation to a dispute I have with my bank of over 30 years, Lloyds although I haven't yet had this confirmed.

My disagreement with them is the mis-selling of a Packaged Bank Account or Gold Account in the 1990's and PPI's. I was sold the Gold packaged account about 10 years after having the account on the basis that I needed to have one to get a car loan.
    I did indeed get the car loan as well as may other products with the Packaged Account, I didn't really need the the 'extras' and they weren't always beneficial or as straight forward as they first seemed as I have been self employed for the last 13 years.
    , bank charges, additional top up Travel Insurance and selling of PPIs etc along my Lloyds journey.

I got into financial trouble a couple of years ago and looked into the details of the bank account a little more closely and realised I was most likely miss-sold lots of products. In order to reduce my debts I firstly asked Lloyds to put a stop on the accruing interest, which they ignored.
    I offered 3k to settle the 10k debt but this was refused. I also asked Lloyds to stop charging me for the Packaged account and move my account to a standard package. They wouldn't do this either but then when I was paying the odd amount into the account the bank the account was suddenly closed and Lloyds must have sold the debt to Capquest.

Capquest have chased me for quite a while and to be honest I don't know why they were handed the debt when I had so may outstanding issues with the account.

I am about to write to Capquest with a formal request of a full breakdown of the debt which I hope will supply me with 33 years of statements and details of charges and agreements.

Can anyone advise what I should do next? I assume they will have details of the full account and send them within the required 14 days.
    Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
Working...
X