• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Appeal CCJ and lowell payment request

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Appeal unenforceable debt ccj

Are these identifiable from my documents and explanation in the interim to embolden a move forward.

Comment

Originally posted by Jeed View Post
      Are these identifiable from my documents and explanation in the interim to embolden a move forward.
      I've just replied to your PM

Di

Comment

Hello Jeed,

I have received you PMs and emails.

My suggestion was that you should get a transcript of the hearing in order to see whether you have any grounds for appeal.

When the transcription arrives post a gist of what the DJ decided and why (the judgment) for others to give you their opinion as to whether it's going to be worth your while to appeal financially speaking since you may have to pay the other side's legal costs if you lose.

Di

Comment

Appeal CCJ and lowell payment request

I got a CCJ judgment against me but think there is an error or judgement and have requested a transcript of the the judgment to establish the error. Meanwhile Lowell has sent a letter requesting payment. The transcription company has done the transcript and sent back to court for approval (got notified today). Please can someone advice on my position with regards to the lowell payment request following the judgment. The judgement was on the 2nd of March.

Comment

Re: Appeal CCJ and lowell payment request

I got a CCJ judgment against me but think there is an error or judgement and have requested a transcript of the the judgment to establish the error. Meanwhile Lowell has sent a letter requesting payment. The transcription company has done the transcript and sent back to court for approval (got notified today). Please can someone advice on my position with regards to the lowell payment request following the judgment. The judgement was on the 2nd of March.
            Hi Just Inform Lowell that the judgment is being challenged but say no more.

What do you feel was wrong with the judgment?
            Did you attend the hearing ?

nem

- - - Updated - - -

Hi Just Inform Lowell that the judgment is being challenged but say no more.

What do you feel was wrong with the judgment?
            Did you attend the hearing ?

nem

Comment

The debt should be unenforceable, it is subject to s127.3 of the consumer credit act 1974. It's a pre 2007 debt. I was in court and I was a litigant in person.

Comment

The debt should be unenforceable, it is subject to s127.3 of the consumer credit act 1974. It's a pre 2007 debt. I was in court and I was a litigant in person.
                Did the claimant disclose a copy of the original agreement? If not did you challenge the documents (if any) that were produced?

nem

Comment

Jeed

This may sound like a silly question but

Are you suggesting the agreement was UE BECAUSE it was pre April 2007 or because it was incorrectly executed?

How much is the judgement for?

Comment

[QUOTE=warwick65;716844]Jeed

This may sound like a silly question but

Are you suggesting the agreement was UE BECAUSE it was pre April 2007 or because it was incorrectly executed?

*****Agreements signed prior to April 2007 are exempt from the amendments to CCA 1974 made in 2006 i.e. the original agreement is needed to enforce the debt. However some judges have seen fit under the balance of probabilities to find that liability exists.*****

nem

Comment

The claimant did not produce a copy of the original agreement and I challenged it in court. They produced an illegible copy of the application form that does not contain the prescribed terms
                      Last edited by Jeed; 20th March 2017, 20:26:PM. Reason: Amended

Comment

Incorrectly executed

Comment

This is neither the time nor the place for the discussion but as far as i know , generally a signed copy needs producing, not necessarily the actual original however as you say there have been occasions when a judge has decided on balance, a signed copy did exist

I was asking to try and ascertain if the agreement was incorrectly executed in which case S127(3) would indeed be the reason for it to be irredeemably unenforceable.

Comment

[MENTION=87380]Diana M[/MENTION] [MENTION=7765]Joanna C[/MENTION]

Can you help Jeed

Comment

No signed copy exist as I have also found the copy of agreement supplied to me. No date, no signature etc

Comment

This new thread relates to your ongoing thread here > http://legalbeagles.info/forums/show...667#post713667

So maybe ask @Kati nicely to merge the two threads to keep everything in one place so that answers/advice can be given in context.

I have advised you to get a transcript of the hearing in order to decide whether you have any grounds for appeal.

I said this because you don't automatically have the right to have a 'second chance' at pleading your case to the court simply because you didn't like the outcome first time around.

You need to know what error (if any) the DJ made first and foremost.

I've also explained that you will need to make an application for permission to appeal before you can make your appeal.

I've also said you need to consider the costs consequences of an Appeal if it fails (you may have to pay the other's sides legal costs despite this being in the Small Claims Court).

Di

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X