• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Murgatroyd v Wilkinson

Collapse
This thread is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Murgatroyd v Wilkinson

This case was heard in March 2015. There has been great confusion as to what actually happened so I want to try to establish the facts. This is what I am told:

Mrs Wilkinson had her car taken by AW Wilson Bailiffs for a debt owed to Mr Murgatroyd. Mrs Wilkinson had already paid the debt direct to Mr Murgatroyd. The bailiff, Mr Thoburn, took the car to cover his fees which he was saying were ~£5000. Mrs Wilkinson showed him proof that the debt had been paid several weeks earlier.

Mrs Wilkinson injucted AW Wilson and the case was heard at Teesside Combined Court.

The judge ruled:

• The car to be returned and all fees to be removed.
    • No order as to costs, to be decided at a further hearing.

The further costs hearing ruled that the bailiff, Mr Thoburn, pay Mrs Wilkinson all of her costs. AW Wilson paid them on his behalf.

On this forum Milo has said these details are wrong as he has a transcript of the case and I ask that he clarify any errors. He says he has had many enquiries about this case over the past 18 months, so it would be of benefit to post a copy of the transcript for everyone to see.
    Tags: None

Re: Murgatroyd v Wilkinson

Without the Judgment Transcript there is no point in any further discussion of the case.
    Last edited by Amethyst; 17th March 2017, 11:21:AM. Reason: just making it clear
    #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Originally posted by Amethyst View Post
      Without the Judgment there is no point in any further discussion of the case.
      What I've posted is the judgement. If Milo has a different version I ask that he posts it up. Clearly due to the number of enquiries he's had about it, it must be of significance, so it's important we have accurate information. Milo says he has a full transcript of the case so I ask that he assists in clarifying the case. I cannot see what this issue is.

Comment

Originally posted by Butler View Post
        What I've posted is the judgement. If Milo has a different version I ask that he posts it up. Clearly due to the number of enquiries he's had about it, it must be of significance, so it's important we have accurate information. Milo says he has a full transcript of the case so I ask that he assists in clarifying the case. I cannot see what this issue is.
        Well it isn't , it's your words, and 'what you've been told' ... not the judgment - I'm closing this thread now. Let's deal in evidence not supposition.

Case is this - Murgatroyd v Wilkinson, HHJ Matthews QC, Teeside Combined Court, (Court 3) March 24, 2015. - if anyone is that bothered, apply to the court for a transcript.
        #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
        Working...
        X