• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Conveyancer needed urgently!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Conveyancer needed urgently!

Hi, I'm urgently looking for a conveyancing solicitor to assist me with registering a legal charge with the Land Registry.

The charge is attached to a consent order (Mesher order) which was part of my divorce settlement last year, but I have only just found out that my solicitor cannot handle conveyancing services, hence I urgently need help now. I have a copy of the actual legal charge, fully written up, agreed and signed by both parties and our solicitors, and can pass details of my divorce solicitor on to.

Ideally looking for someone who can do this for a fixed fee.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
    Tags: None

Re: Conveyancer needed urgently!

Hi Paul1909uk,
    Placing a charge on a property following an Order being made in divorce proceedings is very straightforward. Most conveyancers will undertake this work for a fixed fee. I'd suggest doing a google search for local high street solicitors in your area. If they do not have advertised fixed fees I would pick up the phone. As I say this is standard work for firms who have a conveyancing department. Most high street firms would deal.
    I am a qualified solicitor and am happy to try and assist informally, where needed.

Any posts I make on LegalBeagles are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as legal advice. Any practical advice I give is without liability. I do not represent people on the forum.

If in doubt you should always seek professional face to face legal advice.

Comment

Thanks Peridot. I have tried contacting a few local ones but none of them seem to want to get back to me. I'll keep trying though.

Comment

Hi again,
        It is a general conveyancing matter, so should find someone. If you have no luck then maybe try the HM Land Registry? They are helpful generally.
        I am a qualified solicitor and am happy to try and assist informally, where needed.

Any posts I make on LegalBeagles are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as legal advice. Any practical advice I give is without liability. I do not represent people on the forum.

If in doubt you should always seek professional face to face legal advice.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
        Working...
        X