• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

60076 Mobile text scam.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 60076 Mobile text scam.

The CALL from 60076 IS NOT FROM US so please don't send us messages asking for a refund. LegalBeagles is a consumer help and support forum. The money has been charged because you have indavertently used a non GOV.UK website.

If you do want MOT REMINDERS then use the GOV.UK official website service for free texts a month before it's due - https://www.gov.uk/mot-reminder

The charge is from the " vehichle information service " who are nothing to do with the Government or the DVLA.
    £10 (£8.33) charged from 60076 or 700074074

If you have seen the shortcode 60076 or 700074074 on your phone bill, it means you (or someone using your mobile phone) have used the Vehicle Information service.

The Vehicle Information Service

The service allows you to check the MOT and tax status as well as view full vehicle specifications for up to 5 vehicles. Each vehicle will also receive expiration date reminder text messages.

This costs £10 (£8.33 ex. VAT) for 12 months of service. This is a one-off charge, not a subscription, and will not automatically repeat the following year.

Canceling & refund requests

If you no longer want to use this service, or if you would like to request a refund

Simply call us on:
    0180 350 0788(9.30am - 5.00pm Monday to Friday)

Or email us at:
    support@vehicleinformation.uk
    http://who-called.co.uk/Number/60076

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have checked my mobile bill & am in receipt of a charge arising from the above number of £8:33. I have of course, mailed my severe dissatisfaction's to my provider. Not sure what I have done here to warrant such a charge but, in the above link it mentions the DVLA with whom I registered a vehicle with in Jan.

The provider says it is a third party & nothing to do with them, I say the bill is from the provider & there are no subscription/s or charges agreed by myself. Either which way I am not having it as an automatic "opt in" at the very least.
    Tags: None

Re: 60076 Mobile text scam.

http://whocallsme.com/Phone-Number.aspx/60076

Some useful information on the above. I wonder how many folks have been stung with this, it could amount to thousands of pounds.
    Last edited by Fred; 12th March 2017, 17:47:PM.

Comment

Is it the site that has this on?

Service is charged at £10 for 12 months access.

You agree to the full terms and conditions, that you are 16+ and you will be charged to your mobile account. You will be shown the due date of your MOT and tax for the vehicle registration you have entered. We will send you alert reminders by text message before your MOT and tax are due. These reminder messages are free, not charged. Information supplied through the service can be obtained for free from the DVLA. You can stop the service at any time by texting the word stop to 60076. Service provided by Surestream Digital (call customer service on 0808 178 5349).
      vehicleinformation.uk ?

also says this

Vehicle Information Charges

The Vehicle Information MOT and tax reminder service costs just £10 a year to join. This is a one-off charge, not a subscription, and will not automatically repeat the following year. The £10 charge will be added to your phone bill, and may show up as 60076 or 700074074 depending on your phone network.

If you have seen the shortcode 60076 or 700074074 on your phone bill, it means you (or someone using your mobile phone) joined the Vehicle Information service on that day.

If you would like to contact us regarding any issues you may have with the Vehicle Information service, our offices are open 9.30am - 5.00pm Monday to Friday. Please use the contact form below, send us an email (support@vehicleinformation.uk) or call us on 0808 178 5349. If you need to contact us outside of our office hours, please send us an email or leave a voicemail message and we'll get back to you as soon as we are back in the office.
      Lots of reports of being charged £8.33 though - so not sure where that comes in to it? ( ahhhh £8.33 plus VAT is £10 !)

Originally posted by whois
      Domain name:
      vehicleinformation.uk

Registrant:
      Surestream Digital Limited

Registrant type:
      Unknown

Registrant's address:
      St. Stephens House
      Arthur Road
      Windsor
      Berkshire
      SL4 1RU
      United Kingdom
      #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Yes Ame, but I did not go on this site nor, apparently did a lot of others, there has been something going on here with the web links to the DVLA or perhaps copy cat type stuff. I have mailed the company in question requesting they reimburse my provider & just how in heavens name they got my number. Never even heard of this company let alone set myself up for a charge which is free from the DVLA.

Comment

Its just a small amount I know but, some will not even notice & what an idea to generate cash quick, its clever & I have not sussed out how they have done it yet...............will post any replies I get & I am to follow up with the PSA;

http://psauthority.org.uk/for-consum...d-phone-charge

Comment

Fred - can you do me a favour and check through your internet history if you store it...the first charge would have been when you accidentally signed up I believe. Anything related to car tax DVLA etc.
            #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Comment

Sorry Ame, can not go back that far, they have offered to refund the cost of this account following my complaint. I have to ask, what account are they referring to & how did they get my number ? I know nothing of this other than what I have been billed.

they wrote;

Thank you for your email. If you wish me to cancel the account please reply and confirm, I will then close the account and request a refund for you.

Reply & confirm what ?

Comment

Hmmmm. Just reply and say ' Yes please cancel the account and issue a refund as soon as possible' then that should be that for you. Might have to chase the refund at some point.

Some of these services change their websites, or have mulitple sites so can be difficult to narrow down which site was used originally. The current site vehicle information . uk (or co.uk or .com ) really doesn't look like the official site and does seem to be quite clear on that - theres a pop up like the cookie accept pop up stating so too - so hard to miss..... but lots of those telephone who calls me reporters are quite positive they only used the official DVLA site - BUT we had that before with the passport copycat website - it looked nothing like the passport office site and was quite clear (IMO not in the ASA opinion) that it wasn't official.... but still people insisted, absolutely convinced, that they had only ever used the passport office website. Same with EHIC - people get quite narky and absolutely 100% certain they only used the nhs official site..... ( the REAL NHS site is utter crap and if you gave me a few of the EHIC app sites the actual NHS site would be the one I picked first as beinga dodgy knock off ! lol )
                #staysafestayhome

Comment

Yes Ame, I thought that may have been why you were interested but, my dealings with the DVLA were in early January & I got what I wanted from the DVLA unless these freaks can produce log books as well........................

I have asked them what data supports this account creation & also asked my provider, what financial links or charges are shared with this company. They state they do not endorse them at all but, they went very quiet when I asked over shared fees or commissions. I also asked about opting in or out over these rates & why the default was opt in. I feel this kind of thing should be blocked until you do opt in rather than be stung to find out.

Comment

I was scammed by this outfit. Luckily 2 days later i checked my phone provider app and saw the £10 charge. Rang mobile co and they had no clue who it went to as it simply charged me £10 for sending myself a text! Phone co cancelled charge as goodwill gesture.first of month i received a text reminder for road tax and the penny dropped!
                    i came here, saw the brilliant advice, emailed surestream to STOP all texts and charges and under the terms cooling off under 14 days claimed refund.
                    it arrived by phone text and i collected £10 from post office this morning.
                    phone co will have voided the credit to surestream....
                    who in turn have refunded the cost of the scam to me.
                    PURE KHARMA! My advice to anyone is to keep a close eye on mobile app for any unexpected usage. If you get in quickly you too can scam the scammer.
                    ive kicked my butt and hopefully lesson learned.

Comment

Ahhhaaaa good to hear you got your money back

Noticed a couple days ago that the actual GOV.UK site is offering a text reminder service for MOTs. Now my car I Tax and MOT the same week so it's useful.
                      Sign up to get free reminders by text message or email when your MOT is due.

You’ll get a reminder one month before your MOT is due. You’ll get another reminder if you still haven’t had your vehicle tested 2 weeks before your MOT is due.
                      https://www.gov.uk/mot-reminder
                      #staysafestayhome

Comment

Originally posted by Amethyst View Post
                        That's quite spooky I have just come from that site after adding my wife's new(er) car to & noticed they offer text now as well as emails
                        Sorry i'm just thinking out loud, it might be irrelevant, I am not employed in anyway in the legal profession, please ensure you research any advice I give before using it I have been known to be wrong on multiple occasions.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                        Working...
                        X