Thread: 60076 Mobile text scam.

• Display

VIP Member

Mentions
    16 Post(s)

Default 60076 Mobile text scam.

http://who-called.co.uk/Number/60076

I have checked my mobile bill & am in receipt of a charge arising from the above number of £8:33. I have of course, mailed my severe dissatisfaction's to my provider. Not sure what I have done here to warrant such a charge but, in the above link it mentions the DVLA with whom I registered a vehicle with in Jan.

The provider says it is a third party & nothing to do with them, I say the bill is from the provider & there are no subscription/s or charges agreed by myself. Either which way I am not having it as an automatic "opt in" at the very least.

VIP Member

Mentions
    16 Post(s)

Default Re: 60076 Mobile text scam.

http://whocallsme.com/Phone-Number.aspx/60076

Some useful information on the above. I wonder how many folks have been stung with this, it could amount to thousands of pounds.
    Last edited by Fred; 12th March 2017 at 16:47:PM.

Site Owner

Mentions
    1694 Post(s)

Is it the site that has this on?

Service is charged at £10 for 12 months access.

You agree to the full terms and conditions, that you are 16+ and you will be charged to your mobile account. You will be shown the due date of your MOT and tax for the vehicle registration you have entered. We will send you alert reminders by text message before your MOT and tax are due. These reminder messages are free, not charged. Information supplied through the service can be obtained for free from the DVLA. You can stop the service at any time by texting the word stop to 60076. Service provided by Surestream Digital (call customer service on 0808 178 5349).
    vehicleinformation.uk ?

also says this

Vehicle Information Charges

The Vehicle Information MOT and tax reminder service costs just £10 a year to join. This is a one-off charge, not a subscription, and will not automatically repeat the following year. The £10 charge will be added to your phone bill, and may show up as 60076 or 700074074 depending on your phone network.

If you have seen the shortcode 60076 or 700074074 on your phone bill, it means you (or someone using your mobile phone) joined the Vehicle Information service on that day.

If you would like to contact us regarding any issues you may have with the Vehicle Information service, our offices are open 9.30am - 5.00pm Monday to Friday. Please use the contact form below, send us an email (support@vehicleinformation.uk) or call us on 0808 178 5349. If you need to contact us outside of our office hours, please send us an email or leave a voicemail message and we'll get back to you as soon as we are back in the office.
    Lots of reports of being charged £8.33 though - so not sure where that comes in to it? ( ahhhh £8.33 plus VAT is £10 !)

Quote Originally Posted by whois
    Domain name:
    vehicleinformation.uk

Registrant:
    Surestream Digital Limited

Registrant type:
    Unknown

Registrant's address:
    St. Stephens House
    Arthur Road
    Windsor
    Berkshire
    SL4 1RU
    United Kingdom
    “We may not win by protesting, but if we don’t protest we will lose. If we stand up to them, there is always a chance we will win.” Hetty Bower

Any advice I provide is given without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Find Solicitors offering fixed fees on our sister site - JustBeagle.com

VIP Member

Mentions
    16 Post(s)

Yes Ame, but I did not go on this site nor, apparently did a lot of others, there has been something going on here with the web links to the DVLA or perhaps copy cat type stuff. I have mailed the company in question requesting they reimburse my provider & just how in heavens name they got my number. Never even heard of this company let alone set myself up for a charge which is free from the DVLA.

VIP Member

Mentions
    16 Post(s)

Its just a small amount I know but, some will not even notice & what an idea to generate cash quick, its clever & I have not sussed out how they have done it yet...............will post any replies I get & I am to follow up with the PSA;

http://psauthority.org.uk/for-consum...d-phone-charge

Site Owner

Mentions
    1694 Post(s)

Fred - can you do me a favour and check through your internet history if you store it...the first charge would have been when you accidentally signed up I believe. Anything related to car tax DVLA etc.
    “We may not win by protesting, but if we don’t protest we will lose. If we stand up to them, there is always a chance we will win.” Hetty Bower

Any advice I provide is given without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

VIP Member

Mentions
    16 Post(s)

Sorry Ame, can not go back that far, they have offered to refund the cost of this account following my complaint. I have to ask, what account are they referring to & how did they get my number ? I know nothing of this other than what I have been billed.

they wrote;

Thank you for your email. If you wish me to cancel the account please reply and confirm, I will then close the account and request a refund for you.

Reply & confirm what ?

Site Owner

Mentions
    1694 Post(s)

Hmmmm. Just reply and say ' Yes please cancel the account and issue a refund as soon as possible' then that should be that for you. Might have to chase the refund at some point.

Some of these services change their websites, or have mulitple sites so can be difficult to narrow down which site was used originally. The current site vehicle information . uk (or co.uk or .com ) really doesn't look like the official site and does seem to be quite clear on that - theres a pop up like the cookie accept pop up stating so too - so hard to miss..... but lots of those telephone who calls me reporters are quite positive they only used the official DVLA site - BUT we had that before with the passport copycat website - it looked nothing like the passport office site and was quite clear (IMO not in the ASA opinion) that it wasn't official.... but still people insisted, absolutely convinced, that they had only ever used the passport office website. Same with EHIC - people get quite narky and absolutely 100% certain they only used the nhs official site..... ( the REAL NHS site is utter crap and if you gave me a few of the EHIC app sites the actual NHS site would be the one I picked first as beinga dodgy knock off ! lol )

VIP Member

Mentions
    16 Post(s)

Yes Ame, I thought that may have been why you were interested but, my dealings with the DVLA were in early January & I got what I wanted from the DVLA unless these freaks can produce log books as well........................

I have asked them what data supports this account creation & also asked my provider, what financial links or charges are shared with this company. They state they do not endorse them at all but, they went very quiet when I asked over shared fees or commissions. I also asked about opting in or out over these rates & why the default was opt in. I feel this kind of thing should be blocked until you do opt in rather than be stung to find out.