• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Encroachment

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Encroachment

Good afternoon

There is an area between my drive and next door driveway. There is a tree planted in the middle of the boundary like so there is no dispute on the boundary.

My neighbour tresspassed and dug up my land within my boundary and laid an alternative surface without permission. He began to return my side of the boundary to how it was but downed tools and refusted to do any more.

I have completed the work myself and resurfaced up to 10 cm within my boundary line. Can I park a car so that the passenger side is say 20cm away from the edge. Does this equate to encroachment?
    Tags: None

Re: Encroachment

Any advice please?

Comment

Bank holiday weekend - Give it some time for the experts to log in,

Basic answer is yes but if you are blocking rights of way then NO.

Comment

20cm inside your boundary line or 20cm over your boundary line? If you park on your own land within your boundaries then I'm not sure how it would be encroachment. Your neighbour resurfacing land within your boundary but it seems he accepted that and started making good, which you've now completed and the actual boundary line isn't in dispute?
        #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
        Working...
        X