• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

VT car finance -

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VT car finance -

Hi, currently going through the process of VT car on finance.
    Finance company have been in contact, have accepted that I'm wanting to VT.
    Here are my concerns.. on a HP agreement.
    According to said email from them my nearest Manheim auction is Bristol.
    On looking online I've found one a lot closer which is also a Manheim branch.
    I'm only available to do a trip to Bristol on a weekend due to work commitments unfortunately they aren't open then.
    The branch being closer I could make a drop in time before said branch closed.. although finance company didn't list this branch on their reply back to me.
    Other then that I'd have to look into them collecting and cover £180 costs.

Can you give me any advice in relation to whether I could use the closer branch or advice when it comes to collection fees please.
    Tags: None

Re: VT car finance -

Once you have invoked the right to VT, your liability is capped at 50% of the total amount payable plus taking reasonable care of the car. The CCA specifically says that any contractual term that is not consistent with that right and imposes directly or indirectly, any additional liability, it is deemed void and unenforceable.

On that basis the collection costs would be unenforceable as the collection costs are an additional charge beyond the 50% cap. £180 to collect the car also seems pretty excessive too in my eyes.
    If you have a question about the voluntary termination process, please read this guide first, as it should have all the answers you need. Please do not hijack another person's thread as I will not respond to you
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    LEGAL DISCLAIMER
    Please be aware that this is a public forum and is therefore accessible to anyone. The content I post on this forum is not intended to be legal advice nor does it establish any client-lawyer type relationship between you and me. Therefore any use of my content is at your own risk and I cannot be held responsible in any way. It is always recommended that you seek independent legal advice.

Comment

I'm well over the half way mark by around £1,000.
      I had someone go into the side of my vehicle, stupidly didn't claim on insurance because of the hassle experienced in the past.
      I've just got my car back from a local bodywork guy, who's sorted all the damage at cost to me.. lesson learnt the hard way!
      Ive cleaned and hoovered it immaculately and was planning to head to location required when I realised details in email received were not clear on days/times open, since learnt they aren't open on a weekend!

Could I now ask for some advise on what I'd put in my reply email to them in relation to them collecting the car with no expenses coming back to me please?

Thanks for your reply! Muchly appreciated!

Comment

Who is the finance company?

If you are going to dispute it, and ask them to collect it then I would imagine they are likely to drag their heels. My personal experience with one lender is they collected but applied a default marker for the cost of collection, they only removed it after issuing court proceedings and giving compensation - so you have to weigh up whether you want to potentially go down that route as a worst case scenario.

Check out the link below, there is a template letter at the bottom, adjust to suit your position.

http://www.legalbeagles.info/forums/...on-Your-rights
        If you have a question about the voluntary termination process, please read this guide first, as it should have all the answers you need. Please do not hijack another person's thread as I will not respond to you
        - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
        LEGAL DISCLAIMER
        Please be aware that this is a public forum and is therefore accessible to anyone. The content I post on this forum is not intended to be legal advice nor does it establish any client-lawyer type relationship between you and me. Therefore any use of my content is at your own risk and I cannot be held responsible in any way. It is always recommended that you seek independent legal advice.

Comment

Startline motor finance
          Last edited by Mattmoo27; 4th March 2017, 14:01:PM.

Comment

Have emailed using the template, il now await response and go from there.. i'd happily drop the vehicle further just time/work commitments dont make it do able, have suggested local branch - thanks for your help!

Comment

If you are happy to drop it off at a more local site, by all means mention it, at least you can show there is a bit of reasonableness on your part
              LEGAL DISCLAIMER

Comment

Originally posted by R0b View Post
                If you are happy to drop it off at a more local site, by all means mention it, at least you can show there is a bit of reasonableness on your part
                Have emailed them to arrange collection at their expense or I'm happy to drop it at my nearest branch at my expense, can't be more reasonable in my opinion. Now to await them getting back to me

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                Working...
                X