• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Paying an overseas beneficiary

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Paying an overseas beneficiary

Hi, we are almost ready to distribute my father in law's estate but have one query. My daughter is a beneficiary and she lives in the states. Can we use PayPal to transfer the funds? Many thanks.
    Tags: None

Re: Paying an overseas beneficiary

Pay Pal have a fee, I would imagine a Bank transfer would be cheaper.
    Last edited by paulajayne; 28th February 2017, 20:56:PM.

Comment

Check your options here: https://www.moneyadviceservice.org.u...money-overseas

Comment

Thank you both. It's going to the states and I'm just worried about a paper trail. I'm assuming the bank reference will do for that. Im also going to post a letter/receipt for her to sign to show she has received it. In my job working for a charity I only deal with the money coming in, never out. I wonder if she'll be taxed on it. It's only a couple thousand pounds.

Comment

Originally posted by MrsCLH View Post
          Thank you both. It's going to the states and I'm just worried about a paper trail. I'm assuming the bank reference will do for that. Im also going to post a letter/receipt for her to sign to show she has received it. In my job working for a charity I only deal with the money coming in, never out. I wonder if she'll be taxed on it. It's only a couple thousand pounds.
          Tax position varies from state to state!

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
          Working...
          X