• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Mortgage PPI asking for 3 job searches per month

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mortgage PPI asking for 3 job searches per month

Hi
    *sorry edited should read 3 searches per month*

after recently being made redundant and contacting my Mortgage Payment Protection company i received a form which indicated i must apply for 3 jobs per month and keep records, company names etc
    Just wondering how "legal" this is?
    It does seem rather harsh and where i live, in a rural area, if i applied for 3 per week i would exhaust the available local jobs in a few weeks
    Any advice or opinion on this is most welcome
    D
    Last edited by jj19; 28th February 2017, 14:33:PM.
    Tags: None

Re: Mortgage PPI asking for 3 job searches per week

3 per month doesn't seem unreasonable to me.

Comment

Re: Mortgage PPI asking for 3 job searches per month

Originally posted by jj19 View Post
      Hi
      *sorry edited should read 3 searches per month*

after recently being made redundant and contacting my Mortgage Payment Protection company i received a form which indicated i must apply for 3 jobs per month and keep records, company names etc
      Just wondering how "legal" this is?
      It does seem rather harsh and where i live, in a rural area, if i applied for 3 per week i would exhaust the available local jobs in a few weeks
      Any advice or opinion on this is most welcome
      D
      Applying for three jobs a month does not sound that harsh. I'd also put your CV on the various job search boards as well. If you signed on at the jobcentre, they would be a lot harder than this to be honest.
      I've been in that situation the last three month and I guarantee you I've applied for at least 3 jobs a month and even had interviews and not got the job.

Do you drive? Is there a bus stop? are you within 25 miles of a town or city(jobcentre would require this radius)? If the answer is no to all those questions then perhaps it might be harsh.
      "Family means that no one gets forgotten or left behind"
      (quote from David Ogden Stiers)

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
      Working...
      X