• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Cabolt financial - Advent / Barclays Partner

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cabolt financial - Advent / Barclays Partner

Hi Guys. Forum always comes up with great advice when I google for legal help so thought bite bullet join and get some tailored advice.

This very old ongoing problem. Brief history;

When young thought good idea to became certified IT technician since I was doing a lot random paid jobs. Enter advent training promising me success and a job end of the course. Uni/work and studying. The loan was supposed to be deferred for one year and advent agent told me as long as I finish the entry level certificate they would find me a job and by the time payments came course would pay for itself. Later Advent went into administration before I could sit my first exam. Barclays called to tell me they would put a freeze on the account and find a new provider but asked for cancel the whole thing. Last time I had heard from them. Unfortunately, after that I had series of unfortunate events led to a debilitating condition, loss of job and made homeless.

Took a long while for me to get back on my feet and unfortunately they don't teach you about credit ratings and credit file in school and now I have all kind of debts from university, credit/debit cards, utilities, BPF etc. This year will be 6 years since they were put on my credit file, although thus all happened in 2009/2010.

I've found out hard way I can't do much with a poor credit rating and taken steps to clear up my file. I've got one those credit cards help repair your credit file and never miss payments on all credit now.

I've attempted to argue against these using the Financial ombudsman and they been completely useless and ruled in favor all debtors including BPF which I tried to argue was miss sold and their alternative course was not like for like.

I was hoping every would get wiped off at the end of this year and I can finally start life debt free when Cabot Financial dropped a stack of letters Statement of account dating back to 2012. Although they have stated, "you don't need to do anything". I feel like they are up to something as the last contact I had regarding this was back in 2010 from Barclays.

I really want this to be over without paying 5000 for the price of one book and subsequently my biggest debt on my file. What can I do in the meantime and there is there any way to get it removed before the end of the year as it's making my declining health worse.
    Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
Working...
X