• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Speeding fine Court summons 11 days to respond

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Speeding fine Court summons 11 days to respond

This is my first ever speeding fine driving 5+ years. It occurred around 2 am in October 2016. I have disability and almost never out of these times. I was dropping someone home and battery died which I used for sat nav and came of a 40 mph road into a 30 mph road without releasing as I was looking around for something to help me find where I was.

I opted for the course as you don't get points without but due to my disability i'm unable to do 4 hours at time and I was calling to try to figure something out as I thought I had 3 months to complete the course but the letter that stated this was in January and only after receiving notice of court action I contacted Sutton to be told the safety awareness course was from the date of offence.

I had previously spoken to them in regards to not being accommodated the course and the options gave me is ask again or pay fine. At the time I felt was a bit discriminatory that forced to pay the fine for course not accommodating and now become 10 times worse.

Due to my health I don't want to go to court but I don't want a £1000 fine so what can I do.
    Tags: None

Re: Speeding fine Court summons 11 days to respond

Not much choice pay fine if that option is still there get to the course or take chance in court

Comment

Re: Speeding fine Court summons 11 days to respond

Both options been removed. I just have a Single Justice Procedure Notice to plead guilty or not guilty.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
      Working...
      X