• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Chasing payment

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chasing payment

Hi everyone
    I'm new here so I hope I've posted in the right place.

Myself and partner run a graphics design business from home we carried out some work in November printing and fitting some window vinyl stickers for a client.
    On arrival the existing stickers were still on the windows I asked the clients if they wanted them removing for a fee. They agreed and agreed on a price.

After the works had been carried out I invoiced the company for the removal work and got a nasty email back saying that it was too expensive, I reduced our hourly rate out of a gesture of goodwill the clients still wernt happy and handed it off to a manager.

Were now in February and have sent them a reminder every month. I sent them a final notice and intent on court proceedings. The client finally responded stating they were 'bullied into accepting the removal of window stickers' also that the provided art work was the wrong shade of orange... along with that they apparently said at the time that the fitting wasn't correct and had a gap around the new vinyl.

They are now refusing to pay the outstanding amount what are my legal standings on this if anyone could help?

Regards
    Isolice
    Tags: None

Re: Chasing payment

What does your contract say. Issue a letter before claim . Then go to court. I don't know enough to know if this will be allocated to small claims.

Comment

Re: Chasing payment

Hi Seduraed thanks for you reply;
      we do have terms and conditions in place.

I.e.
      3.3 Invoices.
      3.3.1 All invoices are payable within 30 days of the date of invoice.
      3.3.1.1 All invoices not paid within 30 days will loose any discounts applied to the invoice and the full amount will be payable.
      3.3.1.2 This applies only to singularly issued discounts, and not annual discounts as set out in a contract between {COMPANY} and their Client.
      3.3.2 All commissioned work exceeding £100 will be subject to a deposit of 50%. {COMPANY} Ltd reserve the right to change this percentage at will.
      3.3.3 Any unexpected work will be dealt with on a ad-hoc basis and a quote given to the Client verbally.
      3.3.4 {COMPANY} reserve the right to hold accountable any Client who does not effectively inform us of work to be carried out before arriving to start work and is in excess of a pre-agreed invoice. In these circumstances either one or all of the following apply;
      3.3.4.1 In this instance{COMPANY} set out a pre-set pricing scheme, for removal and installation at £45 per/hour. Unexpected delays due to systems out of our control (weather, power loss, flooding, etc…) we will waiver our hourly rate and a pre-set pricing scheme for attendance of one £35 payment will be required.
      3.3.4.2 {COMPANY}reserve the right to leave a pre-arranged appointment if the work to be carried out exceeds what has been described by the Client. In this instance{COMPANY}will send an adjusted invoice with a more accurate quote.
      3.3.4.3 When designing a website{COMPANY} set out a pre-set pricing scheme for acquiring a pre-registered domain at £37 per domain.
      3.4 Project End. All deliverables shall be deemed complete once The Client has signed off the work or indicated satisfaction in writing, via e-mail, post or other methods. If The Client fails to communicate with {COMPANY} for a period of more than 20 days without explanation, the project shall be deemed satisfactory and complete.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
      Working...
      X