• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

No gas!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No gas!

I have been left by my gas company for two days without gas and I have a three year old daughter I'm just wondering if it's illegal to do this ?
    Tags: None

Re: No gas!

What caused the issue? More details are needed please.

Comment

Our card broke and they had to give us a new gas meter and we had to pick up an emergency card, the new card didn't work so I've called they asked me to pick up a new card again and this still doesn't work but now they won't send someone out before the new card arrives Tuesday ?

Comment

Are you totally reliant on the gas for heating and hot water? Do you have alternatives such as an electric immersion heater for water, and electric heaters?

Comment

Originally posted by Abi jones View Post
          Our card broke and they had to give us a new gas meter and we had to pick up an emergency card, the new card didn't work so I've called they asked me to pick up a new card again and this still doesn't work?
          Have you considered whether you may be entitled to have the prepayment meter removed so you can go back to ordinary billing?

Presumably the meter was installed due to arrears?

There are various charities which offer grants to help people in your situation.

Read this > https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/co...-energy-bills/

It won't help you over the next couple of chilly days but it may prevent the same situation from happening again.

I would make a formal complaint to the utility company and ask for compensation for the misery which (from what you say) has been caused by them. They own the meter not you, so it's their duty to make sure it (and the associated card) work!

Ask for compensation for the 'stress and inconvenience' by way of a credit to your account. Threaten them with the Ombudsman if that doesn't work.

DI

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
          Working...
          X