• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Primark shoplift DBS check

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Primark shoplift DBS check

Just ignore them, as already advised.

I note you are a"juvenile"
    If you are a minor and still living at home, I would suggest you tell your parents about this, if you haven't done so already.
    RLP have a habit of writing to parents if a minor doesn't cough up.
    Although contrary to DPA, they pretend it is a safeguarding action.
    Of course it is just another pressure point to try and obtain money.
    It would probably be less sressful for your parents to find out from you directly, rather than initially from RLP.
    Good luck

Comment

I am not living with my parents because I am just here for Uni... So nothing will happen if I keep ignoring them? Boots will not do anything? I can't tell how much your advice help me just thanks a lot for helping me out..

Comment

Nothing happens!
        You keep your money... they spend theirs sending threatening letters

Comment

Hi did anything come of the letters they sent you and if not have they stopped now thanks xx

Comment

If [MENTION=98431]simplychrissylee[/MENTION] is receiving the standard set of letters (see here: http://www.legalbeagles.info/forums/...ry-Letters-RLP) they will still be comng, but nothing else will be happening!!

Comment

My 2 year old daughter picked up an item in primark without me realising and had it as we left to my embarrassment they took me to a room and told me rlp will be in touch I'm terrified of cost of it as only work part time as a career on minimum wage but I also need a clean dbs/crb for my job I'm so annoyed and worried it's literally playing on my mind constantly

Comment

Hi Unregistered Guest

Have you read the previous posts on this thread?
                & seen the links to other RLP threads below at the bottom of this thread.

In a nutshell, unless the police were involved you will not get DBS problems.
                & the usual SP is to ignore any RLP letters.
                CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
                Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
                gets his brain a-going.
                Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
                The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

Hi yes I have been reading quite a few just wanted to see if anyone would comment that has been through this and say how long takes for them to leave u alone or get in touch in first place xx

Comment

Most people who post on LB seeking opinion on this matter receive the same kind of response as above, & we rarely hear about the eventual outcome.

I, for one, take this as R̶̷̸̲̅L̶̷̸̲̅P̶̷̸̲̅ ̶̷̸̲̅h̶̷̸̲̅a̶̷̸̲̅v̶̷̸̲̅e̶̷̸̲̅n̶̷̸̲̅'̶̷̸̲̅t̶̷̲̅ ̸ ̶̷̸̲̅g̶̷̸̲̅o̶̷̸̲̅t̶̷̸̲̅ ̶̷̸̲̅a̶̷̸̲̅ ̶̷̸̲̅l̶̷̸̲̅e̶̷̸̲̅g̶̷̸̲̅ ̶̷̸̲̅t̶̷̸̲̅o̶̷̸̲̅ ̶̷̸̲̅s̶̷̸̲̅t̶̷̸̲̅a̶̷̸̲̅n̶̷̸̲̅d̶̷̸̲̅ ̶̷̸̲̅o̶̷̸̲̅n̶̷̸̲̅ a good sign!
                    CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
                    Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
                    gets his brain a-going.
                    Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
                    The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
                      My 2 year old daughter picked up an item in primark without me realising and had it as we left
                      As the item had been picked up by your dahghter, who was still holding it when they stopped you, on what basis are they accusing you of theft?
                      The security personnel have, imo, failed to follow the normally accepted guidelines:
                      1. You must see the shoplifter approach your merchandise
                      2. You must see the shoplifter select your merchandise
                      3. You must see the shoplifter conceal or carry away or convert your merchandise
                      4. You must maintain continuous observation the shoplifter
                      5. You must see the shoplifter fail to pay for the merchandise
                      6. You must approach the shoplifter outside of the store

If your account as posted is accurate I would be considering a complaint to Head office

Comment

Primark (Prime Mark, PrimeMark, Primak, Pri Mark) Mr Paul Marchant, Chief Executive Website for Primark
                        Primark Customer Service email addres

Comment

The thing is she was really kicking off and I was getting a little stressed and she through th item on the floor and I gave it back not really looking just hurrying as I just want to get done and out where she was frustrating me and so looks like I give it to her to leave with I just want to not have court cases or money to pay out that I can't afford and was hoping someone that's had rlp writing to them could tel me the out come of theirs

Comment

well you won't be going to court, and if you ignore RLP you won't be paying out any money

Comment

Hi again I have had my second letter from rlp now and was wondering if anyone that's going through this could tell me how there getting on please x

Comment

Is it this letter - > http://legalbeagles.info/forums/atta...2&d=1493141617
                                #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X