• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Recommendations on my Parking Eye defence statement?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Recommendations on my Parking Eye defence statement?

I think I may have made a big mistake - can you put my mind at rest?

I've been reading since I submitted my defence, and there are things I didn't include in my statement - which was a .txt file via email, and a print of this by post.

I did include my court claim no. and 'statement of truth' at the top.

But I did not include 'My Name v ParkingEye', or my name and signature at the bottom.

What will happen now, will the CCBC and the courts turn a blind eye, or will they give me the opportunity to correct it?

Or will my defence be thrown out?

Comment

It wasn't signed at all ?

M1

Comment

The statement wasn't signed, but every page had the claim no. at the top. I enclosed the relevant form from the response pack, which I had signed. I also did not include on the statement the line referring to 'this is the truth'

Comment

I would correct the errors and email it to the court with a note that you sent a draft by mistake and the content of the defence isn't changing etc.

They may not notice but better to sort it in case it bites you on the arse later.

M1

Comment

I understand I now have to create a witness statement. I've no idea what I'm doing, can I base it on my defence statement? After coming all this way it would be awful to give up. How much time will I need, and when will I have to file it? Thanks

Comment

A witness statement is just what you can give evidence to such as being registered keeper, not being driver, what happened on that day, i was on another planet that day etc.

Ideally it would sit well with your defence, so for example, if you were not the driver your whereabouts would be a good point

https://www.justice.gov.uk/courts/pr...ess-statements

It will be difficult to introduce witness evidence of the tyre without a witness statement from the driver. The driver can also produce a witness statement as can any passengers.

A long way to go before this will be required, i suspect.

M1

Comment

Originally posted by mystery1 View Post
                A witness statement is just what you can give evidence to such as being registered keeper, not being driver, what happened on that day, i was on another planet that day etc.

Ideally it would sit well with your defence, so for example, if you were not the driver your whereabouts would be a good point

https://www.justice.gov.uk/courts/pr...ess-statements

It will be difficult to introduce witness evidence of the tyre without a witness statement from the driver. The driver can also produce a witness statement as can any passengers.

A long way to go before this will be required, i suspect.

M1
                How long should I expect to wait until I hear anything? I understand the claimant has one month in order proceed with the case, is this correct?

Once I am asked for my witness statement, how long do I have to file it?

Thanks for your help

Comment

How long should I expect to wait until I hear anything?
                  Difficult to say really as courts can be snowed under. Phone them up and see what they say.

I understand the claimant has one month in order proceed with the case, is this correct?
                  28 days after defence is served on them as i recall.

Once I am asked for my witness statement, how long do I have to file it?
                  Depends on the court. Would be at least 14 days but probably more, particularly if the hearing date is months away.

M1

Comment

I received a copy of ParkingEye's Directions questionnaire. It is clearly a photocopy of an online printout. However, the Case no. and the Yes box for 'Do you agree to this case being referred to the small claims remediation service?' have been completed in black pen.

I assume that I need to wait for my own Directions questionnaire to complete - Should I agree for remediation service, and do you think there is any relevance that their form was marked afterwards in black ink? I'm assuming it came from CCBC, so could a staff member have ticked the box, rather than ParkingEye?

Thanks

Comment

Hi, I received this today.

66 pages from ParkingLie, with a cover letter 'Please fine attached the reply to defence for the case between ParkingEye Ltd and xxxxxxx x xxxxxxxx.

Presumably this is expected and normal? Any advice please? Should I be alarmed when reading through it, or just ignore is and press towards the court hearing. It's reassuring to hear 75% success in the courts, but I have absolutely no legal experience and doubt I could do much to defend myself in court.

Comment

No doubt much of it is nonsense or court cases.

It's the evidence you need to search through (or post up) such as signs, pcn, contracts etc

M1

Comment

Hi, here is the evidence..

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

Comment

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

Comment

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

Comment

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

- - - Updated - - -

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

- - - Updated - - -

Note sure why this one is blacked out? Surely not any use as evidence?

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                                See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                                X