• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Lowell VS sATAsATA

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lowell VS sATAsATA

Hello,

I'm new to the forum, although I have read through quite a lot of threads with similar cases, I'm in a position of requiring some advice now, hoping someone could please advise?

I received a claim that was issued on the 11th Oct 2016 for 230 + fees, allegedly for an 02 debt. I have followed the steps to acknowledge the claim to defend, submit defence, and it's now at a stage where Lowell did not respond to the court so it's on some kind of hold? which they can pay to continue with the claim if they decide to.

Particulars of claim:
    1)the defendant entered into an agreement with 02 under account ref: xxxx "the agreement".
    2) the defendant failed to maintain the required payments and a default notice was served and not complied with.
    3) the agreement was later assigned to the claimant on the 23/12/2011 and notice given to the defendant.
    4) despite the repeated requests for payment, the sum of xxx remains due and outstanding.
    and the claimant claims:
    a) the said sum of xxx
    b) interest pursuant to s69 cca 1984 at the rate of 8% per annum from the date of assignment to the date of issue, accruing at a daily rate of 0.047, but limited to one year, being xxx.
    c) costs.

Lowell replied to the CPR request however did not attach documents requested, they however lied and said within please find enclosed documents, i.e statements of account, they also cannot provide a copy of the agreement because it does not exist, 02 cannot supply it. They keep using the line of because the simcard was used, that is proof enough.

The latest letter I sent them on the 16th of Jan is:

Inrespect to the above referenced this claim, filed on 11/10/2016,having received and Acknowledged the claim on 20/10/2016, I wrote toyou submitting a CPR18 request and advising I would be disputing theentire claim.

Asthe deadline for me to submit a defence was due (06/11/2016) Isubmitted my defence without any documentation / evidence requestedhaving been provided. On the 14th November 2016 I received a letterstating you would be asking the court to enter a CCJ against me afterthe 24/11//2016. I am at a loss as to why you would have sent thisgiven proceedings have already commenced, and you have yet to produceoriginal documents to my request for further information. I find thistype of letter to be nothing more than a scare tactic intended tocause worry, upset and to apply pressure. These type of tactic canonly be described as reprehensible.

Thisissue is causing undue stress and I would like to put this matter torest. Therefore, I invite you discontinue the claim within 7 days orI will apply to the Court to have the case dismissed with costs, Ihave attached the n279 form.

I have received a response back today 23/02/2017, of course extremely late response:

We can confirm that the agreement was entered on 20th march 2009, and subsequently defaulted on 1st jan 2011 due to non payment. the last payment received from you was on 4th june 2010 for the sum of 30 pounds.

Whilst our client cannot provide a copy of agreement, it is our clients position that by inserting the sim card and using the equipment you have entered into a contract with our client and you have accepted the t&c of the contract. We enclose copies of the statements provided by the original creditor as further evidence.

Our client is keen to resolve this matter amicably and to avoid further legal action which would incur further costs and fees. please contact our offices to discuss repayment of outstanding balance.

if you are unclear on what to do next. we recommend you seek legal advice.

Again they have NOT attached statements of the account, I received only the letter.

I would really appreciate some advice on what to do next.

Thanks!

sATAsATA
    Tags: None

Re: Lowell VS sATAsATA

this claim is stayed after 28 days??? have you rung the court to confirm stayed?

more like their letters are begging you to give them monies for the next xmas party? they would have to pay to re-start court proceedings, = such a small amount Noooooooooooooooo???????????/ no more letter tennis with the idiots! sure others will respond also.

how much was the amount stated?

Comment

Originally posted by MIKE770 View Post
      this claim is stayed after 28 days??? have you rung the court to confirm stayed?

more like their letters are begging you to give them monies for the next xmas party? they would have to pay to re-start court proceedings, = such a small amount Noooooooooooooooo???????????/ no more letter tennis with the idiots! sure others will respond also.

how much was the amount stated?
      Thanks for reply, Yeah I phoned the court they said it's a stay but not the kind of stay that I may be thinking? whatever that means, they did however say lowell would have to pay to continue with the case/re-open it?

The amount totals just over 300 inc court fee's.

With lowell stating the account was defaulted on 1st jan 2011 due to non payment. the last payment received from you was on 4th june 2010, would this mean this alleged claim is statute barred?

Thanks

Comment

looks to me they just made it as the issue of the claim 11 oct 2016 stopped the statute barred notice as they did before 1st jan 2017 if you live in England/Wales but in scotland 5 years then it would of been SB!d

- - - Updated - - -

as it is the ball is in their court now they pay a fee and continue ( Doubt that on such a small amount) so relax and let us know any further developments if any in the future.

Comment

Ah right, so it's not possible for this to become statute barred now because they made the claim? sorry I'm not clued up on all this.

Could you tell me if there's a time limit of how long they can wait to re-open the claim? or is there no expiry? can they still pursue this even with no signed contract or agreement or statements of the account? would they not have to present this in court?

Thanks

Comment

no expiry but possible lot later apply to have the case dismissed eventually, but others will explain more fully later down the line if they do not bother to continue,

Comment

Thanks

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
              See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
              X