• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Lowell Help please

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lowell Help please

Hi everyone I need a little help if anyone can please.

I received a ccj claim form last march 2016 from Lowell's (vanquis originally £450ish). Sent off a CCA and CPR(I believe now this is not needed as it's below £10k). Didn't hear anything for a while so filed my defence stating that they had failed to comply with the CCA and I didn't recognise the debt. The claim stayed active as I had to try and speak to mediation but they were impossible to get hold of and I eventually received notice in January that as we'd failed to mediate a court hearing was set for April 2017. It's taken 11 months but this week Lowell send me a response to my CCA along with their witness statement. The evidence they have supplied is a 2 page copy of the online application form which is grey with some white boxes with my name and address etc in it. Then there is a letter from Vanquis stating that I am bound by the terms as I filled in the application online and had clicked a box to digitally sign the form and this is legal under some electronic communications act of 2000 or something. Next there is a basic statement which is all white with just a Vanquis logo in the top corner and a list of transactions and dates including a couple of their interest amounts being applied. Also a couple of late payment charges of around £12. After that there is a couple of default notices along with an assignment letter. With this information is a witness statement saying that they have now complied and nullified my defence so they want my defence struck out and the claim awarded in their favour. So I have a couple of questions thank you if you've got this far.

Are I not entitled to a copy of the original terms and conditions of the agreement detailing the interest rate? Penalty Charges etc?

Do they not need to provide me of a breakdown of what they are claiming for? The debt was roughly £450 now about £720.

Should I just concede this if no to the above points?

Thanks in advance.
    Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
Working...
X