• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Housing Agency-Anonymous Complaints

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Housing Agency-Anonymous Complaints

Hello I am student living in a shared property, I live with 4 other non-students that I do not know (luck of the draw) one of the tenants (we are all on individual contracts) is a heavy drug user (cocaine, cannabis and what ever else he can get his hands on), this tenant reguarly does drugs in the common room and is at times rather violent with himself, because of this I decided to inform the Police and Housing agency, the Police attended the following day, using the excuse of " a neighbor has mentioned the smell of cannabis outside to us" (so i can remain anonymous and that he dosnt know i made the complaint/call) the Police unfortunately found no evidence so they couldn't act any further.

however the housing agency has only gone on sent out a house wide email stating that they were made aware of the police attending the property and that i was the one who made the call!!!

This has left me feeling very upset and concerned as this will escalate the situation, (my friend said he is pissed at me) I'm just wondering if 'legally' my privacy has been violated and there is no confidentiality. This is not the first time the housing agency has been made aware of the drugs in the property (he confessed to the agency he has drugs) and that only said he should keep them discrete (yes, that actually said this, we have it on record via email), this is around the 3rd time this has happened and they refuse to do anything (no doubt because on the £££), I am tied to this tenancy until the end of august, so i cant just terminate without paying fees. I am one of 3 people in the house to make a complaint about him.

I don't pay £95 a week to live with a drug user...

Any guidance would greatly be appreciated, many thanks

redcisse09.
    Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
Working...
X