• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

UKPC court claim

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: UKPC court claim

Originally posted by mystery1 View Post
    Email is quicker and cheaper.

M1
    Thank you M1. I got a email from them yesterday, with the details of the notices, pictures, signs and contract. Essentially it's for "parking without a permit displayed" and I am being pursued as the owner of the vehicle. This might be irrelevant, but the contract to operate on the land does not have a date. They also stated that I should ensure I send in my defence by 22 of March, like I would forget to do so in the first place. Cheeks.
    I can post a copy of the email if required.

Comment

Please post it up (suitably sanitised).

M1

Comment

Thanks. See below. I have also attached be redacted contract

Dear XX

We write further to your email of xx 2017 requesting evidence from our client. Attached are copies of the PCNs , signage and a copy of our client’s contract to manage parking with sensitive parts redacted.

Please see below our client’s response to your questions below:

1. Our client has pursued this claim against you as the registered keeper of the vehicle;

2. This claim is being brought pursuant to the Protection of Freedoms Act 2012 , which requires that the contact name of the driver and a current address for service for the driver be provided by the registered keeper of a vehicle, in the event that the registered keeper was not the driver of the vehicle on the relevant dates of the contravention. You did not provide those details to our client before the commencement of these proceedings and as such they were unable to identify the driver. You therefore remained liable for the outstanding sum;

3. The claim is for breach of contract. Signage displayed at XX states that parking is controlled, that terms and conditions apply and also sets out the terms and conditions of parking, one of which is the requirement to display a valid permit when parked in a permit area. The signage also clearly states that in the event of a breach of the terms and conditions, a charge of £90 will be issued against any vehicle. The signage also further details that an additional charge of £60 will become due and owing in the event that an issued parking charge notice remains unpaid and is referred to our client’s debt recovery agent. By parking your vehicle on the site you agreed to be bound by the terms and conditions of parking and breached the same when you failed to display a valid permit on the occasions detailed in our particulars of claim and the attached PCNs.

We note that you have already been afforded an additional extension of 14 days by way of your acknowledgment of service which was filed on 22 February 2017. Should you require a further time extension you are required to make an application to the court. In the absence of an application to the court we expect that you will be filing your defence by 22 March 2017, being the deadline for doing so.

Yours sincerely,
        Attached Files
        Last edited by Kati; 15th March 2017, 16:04:PM.

Comment

Do you have the pcn at all ? (or did you ask for it)

M1

Comment

Do you have the pcn at all ? (or did you ask for it)

M1
            Yes I did. And I got sent them all. Will sanitise and post up asap. Sorry.

Comment

PCNs now attached. Sorry, it took all day to find a free working program to do the redacting. Managed to put it all together too, to make it one scroll. I haven't put up the reminder notices and pictures taken of the vehicle, they sent those too.
              Attached Files

Comment

It's the next ones we need for keeper liability. Might be headed "notice to keeper" or state somewhere that it is so. (usually 28-56 days after the date of parking)

M1

Comment

It's the next ones we need for keeper liability. Might be headed "notice to keeper" or state somewhere that it is so. (usually 28-56 days after the date of parking)

M1
                  Now attached. Thanks M1.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Edit to suit.

ochodedef.rtf

M1

Comment

Thanks M1. However, I think I am over the line limit of 122. With removing the spaces, I'm still short of at least 13 lines to get it all in. Any advice on taking out some of the text?

Comment

Just email the file.

https://www.justice.gov.uk/courts/em...idance#canfile

M1

Comment

thanks so much. I emailed a pdf version across and the online accounts' been updated.

now the wait begins. thanks again mate.

Comment

Hi Guys, got the attached from SCS. Should I send them a copy of my actual tenant contract or a copy of my parking contract.
                            Attached Files

Comment

I'd send it all. They'd need to get it pretrial anyway and if there is a chance they'll cut and run it has to be worth it. (possible they'll be looking for loopholes but ...)

M1

Comment

I'd send it all. They'd need to get it pretrial anyway and if there is a chance they'll cut and run it has to be worth it. (possible they'll be looking for loopholes but ...)

M1
                                Thanks, I'll scan and send via email tomorrow.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X