• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

UKPC court claim

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: UKPC court claim

Hello all, I have recieved a notice of proposed allocation to the small claims track which includes a directions questionnaire, and also the claimants own completed copy of the directions Q. The summary of it all, they selected yes to the question re referral to small claims mediation. The've also selected yes to agreeing small claims is the appropriate track for the case. No was selected for expert evidence required, unavailability to attend court and for an interpreter.
    I have been away and only got back today, and seen these in the mail. Shall I decline mediation so it can go to court or follow through with the mediation service, as its stated the court might ask for this to happen anyway.
    Sorry for the short notice as I have to complete and file by the 11th of May, perhaps I can scan and email my completed form.
    thanks for your help as always.

Comment

I advise mediation although it is always unlikely to work, others say don't bother.

The form itself is straight forward, just post 1 to court and another to them.

M1

Comment

Thanks M1. Would do just that.

Comment

Hi, quick one. The mediation is set for tomorrow afternoon, is there anything thing I need to be mindful of.

Comment

Not really. You're not paying and that's that. Mediation is very unlikely to produce a result unless they decide to cut their losses.

M1

Comment

Thanks very much. I'll be back here to share the experience.
              Originally posted by mystery1 View Post
              Not really. You're not paying and that's that. Mediation is very unlikely to produce a result unless they decide to cut their losses.

M1

Comment

Must read second page before commenting!!

Comment

Sorry and thanks. Just got a call to cancel the appointment anyways.
                  Originally posted by ostell View Post
                  Must read second page before commenting!!

Comment

Hi all,
                    I got a letter from the court the other week advising me the claim was discontinued, I also got a letter from the claimants solicitors advising me they were proceeding no further, so I guess thats the end of it.
                    I am well chuffed, but thanks to everyone for help and support. I sincerely appreciate your time, and advice.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                    Working...
                    X