• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Assistance urgently needed please summons

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Assistance urgently needed please summons

Hi I am new to this site, please be gentle.

May 2016, I received notice of intended prosecution (38 in 30). I returned the acceptance for speed awareness. Had to pay before I was able to book a date. I had no money to be able to pay the day I called the office. I was told I had 28 days to get onto the course. That 28 days has now been and no speed awareness was paid for. I have no real explanation why I didn't pay, apart from recently given birth with financial worries, I pushed it to the back of all my other issues I had going on at the time and I am now summonsed to attend 01/03.2017.
    I have been visiting family and arrived back today leaving no real time to sort this out. I have tried to plead online my URN is invalid, my only option is guilty by post. Advice on mitigating circumstances please I understand what I need to include but I really can't put pen to papers.
    Also I need to ask if I can pay what ever fine I get over a longer period as I am still claiming income support, Do I tell them I am single parent? 2 young dependants? Studying part time evening course and volunteering 3 days a week in a school?
    I also have a clear driving license and I have been driving nearly 14 years.
    I would be so so grateful if anyone would help me please.
    Many thanks
    Tags: None

Re: Assistance urgently needed please summons

Hi and welcome

Mitigating circumstances:
    Was the road clear of traffic and conditions good?
    If so you can mention that and say it was an uncharacteristic momentary lapse of concentration (but not major enough to make them think you were driving without due care and attention!)
    Perhaps due to your condition (you were pregnant at the time and babe was due shortly?)
    Perhaps you were distracted by your child(ren) (if in the car)

Just keep it truthful.

After the "hearing" the court will send you a "notice of fine".
    When you receive that contact them and ask for time to pay, making an affordable offer.

Comment

Re: Assistance urgently needed please summons

Thank you.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
      Working...
      X