• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Jacobs Bailiffs

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jacobs Bailiffs

Hi, I could really do with some urgent advice. I have an ongoing thing with Jacobs, have been to Citizens advice about them (long story short, with Council tax and Parking fines I owe a bit and have been through citizens advice, they got a 28 day hold while we prepared budget etc) This morning I had a hand delivered letter pushed under my backyard gate as they get gain access to the property at all with scaling walls! This letter says that as I have not responded to previous letters the enforcement team will call tomorrow between 6 am and 7pm to remove goods. My citizens advice advisor is on holiday till 28th Feb, the only way for them access the property is by climbing a wall and even then they cant get in. Is that enough. I cant ring the bailiff and speak to him, he scares me witless!
    Tags: None

Re: Jacobs Bailiffs

https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/de...take/bailiffs/

Take a look at this Kezza, everything you need to know. Best of luck.

Comment

If this is for Council Tax or or Council PCNs then the only way they can gain peaceful entry is via an unlocked door. It is certainly a really bad idea to invite them in. They are not allowed to clamber over walls or fences now or even gain access through an open window.

Whatever you do keep your doors locked but they may seize/remove any goods of value externally - particularly a motor vehicle, just make sure it is either parked elsewhere - but not on the street or locked away.

Comment

Thanks both, I do have a vehicle, registered to my mum, but previously registered to me. Its got to come off the road anyway tomorrow as I cant afford to get it mot'd, I had been told that they may possibly climb the wall using a ladder, but even if they did they could not get any further than the garden. Thanks for the advice, I shall park the car away from the property to be safe and they will certainly not be getting an invite inside!!

Comment

Does. if so what I would do is take the car over to her house and lock in in the garage . your mum live close and have a drive or a garage

Comment

get sliding bolts on the inside of the doors they are cheap and a locksmith cannot open them

This is the law understand that it says "Given" not posted and it has to be 7 days prior to enforcement
            Notice of enforcement
            (1)
            An enforcement agent may not take control of goods unless the debtor has been given notice.

(2)
            Regulations must state—

(a)
            the minimum period of notice;

(b)
            the form of the notice;

(c)
            what it must contain;

(d)
            how it must be given;

(e)
            who must give it.

(3)
            The enforcement agent must keep a record of the time when the notice is given.

(4)
            If regulations authorise it, the court may order in prescribed circumstances that the notice given may be less than the minimum period.

(5)
            The order may be subject to conditions.

Last edited by suffering; 21st February 2017, 23:24:PM.

Comment

As plottertom stated, if not magistrates, no right to force entry, and do hide the car if possible.

Comment

Hi again, quick update. The lady at citizens advice has not been in touch yet. I had an attachment of earnings order start in my February pay, I thought it was a one off payment from last year as 8 have had no correspondence to inform of anything to do with it. Got this month's payslip and more money had been taken. Still no notification of amounts etc. Rang the council and they said it's for the outstanding council tax as it has been passed back from Bailiff, I asked about payment arrangement but they said for this particular one it's too late. We are going to make an arrangement for the others that are outstanding once this is cleared though. However, I came home today to the same Bailiff trying my door, this time for the parking fine money, he said this was my last chance, they would be back to remove goods or he would go and see my employer. However the letter he gave me says that if I don't respond to him it will pass back to the council and they will consider their options, attachment of earnings, county court etc. Can he go to my employer for this as a Bailiff or does he have to pass it back where I can organise a payment arrangement. The letter says £342. He was as always intimidating, took the number plate of the car I have borrowed from a colleague etc. He has left me quite shaken up although I was adamant he was not coming in, I didn't even open the door when speaking to him.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                Working...
                X