• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Old bank loan & Crapbot

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Old bank loan & Crapbot

The actual legal entity who now has the rights to the benefits (e.g. payment) of the agreement will, of course, be stated in the Notice(s) of Assignment. (Per the Law of Property Act 1925 s136).
    CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
    Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
    gets his brain a-going.
    Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
    The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

Originally posted by charitynjw View Post
      The actual legal entity who now has the rights to the benefits (e.g. payment) of the agreement will, of course, be stated in the Notice(s) of Assignment. (Per the Law of Property Act 1925 s136).
      ......and that entity is a different company from that pursing me.

Comment

This is how Cabot themselves explain it.
        http://www.cabotcm.com/important-inf...n-with-the-fca
        CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

Cohen, Herb

gets his brain a-going.
        Phelps, C. C.

Comment

An 'appointed representative'. Still doesn't make sense to me when the pursuant company doesn't legally own the debt.

Comment

Originally posted by Captain Haddock View Post
            An 'appointed representative'. Still doesn't make sense to me when the pursuant company doesn't legally own the debt.
            If you think that there is a problem with this, perhaps it may be an idea to contact the FCA for their take on it.
            I'm guessing that atm there is no actual litigation?
            Is there a threat of court? (ie "we will", as opposed to "may" or "might").
            CAVEAT LECTOR

Cohen, Herb

gets his brain a-going.
            Phelps, C. C.

Comment

Perhaps I'm being thick but why isn't the company that now owns the debt doing the pursuing? I read the article on the Cabot thread about licensing, too.

No, not litig, just pussyfooting around.

Time for the DSAR to OC.

Comment

Well, got another letter, WFW identical to the last but this totally ignored my CCA request from one month ago. Totally.

Comment

An interesting thing is that the CCA request was sent via recorded delivery yet, according to Royal Mail, proof of delivery cannot be ascertained. This is dangerous ground, where a company can deny receipt of a letter as it has not been signed for. Thankfully, Crapbot have acknowledged the letter's receipt. RM investigating.
                  Last edited by Captain Haddock; 9th April 2017, 07:08:AM.

Comment

RM investigating - be a 1st, = so many times they ignore over the years! On paying for a service = an agreement to serve, not complying and recording as per contract = fraud but of course the R.M (now private company) as previous owners get away with sub standard operations and no recourse except for a few stamps as compensation regardless of impact on senders credentials.

but of course you do have the receipt from Recorded delivery posting paid for! any judge would onus that RM delivered to said addressee.

Comment

Originally posted by MIKE770 View Post
                      ......except for a few stamps as compensation regardless of impact on senders credentials.
                      You were spot-on, Mike770: a handful of stamps and a withering apology. No word of an investigation but I'm not letting it go.

I'm tempted to send another RD, just to see what happens. I know that certain places of dubious integrity are known to, somehow, dodge signing for documents, usually because of a 'special relationship' with their local friendly postie. Way back when RM was still publicly owned I had served an LBA on an unscrupulous plumber who was threatening my mother. No signature was obtained and the letter made its way back to me! I found out that a lot of firms, fearful of opening a RD letter, would often pay the postie to 'lose it'.

Anyway, back on topic. Let's see what Crapbot do now.
                      Last edited by Captain Haddock; 11th April 2017, 05:56:AM.

Comment

Update re the missing signature on the recorded delivery letter.

Heard an interesting thing the other day from a postman who, upon me relating my experience to, said that letters being delivered but signatures being refused is becoming more common with certain business. He stated the the people on the front desk of some firms are refusing to sign out of an unwillingness to be named in a paper-trail. Also, there are bulk deliveries of letters that cannot ever be signed for, he said. It really begs the question why RM offer this service when it's patently being ignored.

Comment

as already said fraud by non complying with contract on payment for a service and failed to comply with contract! like the government get away with it,

Comment

Well, they finally supplied a copy and it looks kosher. Interesting to note, though, that the covering letter states they never received a PO or the letter supplying it but earlier correspondence acknowledged the PO letter. I'll now have to check if that PO was cashed.

Comment

PO wasn't cashed. Weird.

Now threatening me with home visits. Time for the old harassment warning.....

Comment

Over a year later and with no further action, this has now found its way into the hands of Moorcroft, whom I remember being rather difficult to deal with a decade ago.

Must I go through the rigmarole of CCAing them on the account, knowing it will set off the chain reaction of pestering letters??

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                                See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                                X