• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Funding funding and more funding

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Funding funding and more funding

Most people who receive a claim from a debt purchaser go into overdrive and worry about getting help to defend themselves. They often end up getting help off the CAB or internet forums because they worry that they cant afford a lawyer, after all they’re being pursued for a debt so obviously they don’t have […]

More...
    I work for Roach Pittis Solicitors. I give my free time available to helping other on the forum and would be happy to try and assist informally where needed. Any posts I make on LegalBeagles are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as legal advice. Any advice I provide is without liability.

If you need to contact me please email me on Pt@roachpittis.co.uk .

I have been involved in leading consumer credit and data protection cases including Harrison v Link Financial Limited (High Court), Grace v Blackhorse (Court of Appeal) and also Kotecha v Phoenix Recoveries (Court of Appeal) along with a number of other reported cases and often blog about all things consumer law orientated.

You can also follow my blog on consumer credit here.
    Tags: None

Re: Funding funding and more funding

Originally posted by pt2537 View Post
    Most people who receive a claim from a debt purchaser go into overdrive and worry about getting help to defend themselves. They often end up getting help off the CAB or internet forums because they worry that they cant afford a lawyer, after all they’re being pursued for a debt so obviously they don’t have […]

More...
    I know PT - as you know I am very concerned about the increasing lack of access to justice for consumers - and affordability with court fees etc. I raised this issue with the President of the Law Society when we met in Prague and I was pleased to see that he subsequently brought it up in the article in the Law Society Gazette. I am doing everything I can to raise these issues at the highest levels in my capacity as Executive member of the Solicitors Sole Practitioners Group.

I notice in the link to your blog post that the firm you work for is considering fixed fees for small claims. I have been offering this service since I set up my law practice in order to help clients who as you rightly say are already struggling financially. Unlike many law firms when we do CFAS (no win no fee) we don't charge our clients a success fee as success is often just not having to pay a debt which they can't afford to pay anyway.

The SRA is currently proposing to make it compulsory for solicitors firms to have to show fixed fees on their website for some services so as to give the consumer an idea of prices. I think this is a step in the right direction.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
    Working...
    X