• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Money stolen from Amazon

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Money stolen from Amazon

Hello there

I have purchased only one item on Amazon and it was £130 boiler from China.
    The item was delivered, I used it, then it was faulty so the seller agreed to refund me if I sent it back to an address they provided in Germany.
    I sent the item to the address In Germany using "my Hermes" courier service through parcels2go.com.
    And the status shows the item was delivered to that address.
    I contacted the seller there on and asked for my refund; however they made excuses up and did not refund me the money.

I contacted Amazon about this and they told me that they where taking over the situation and any further issue with this should be delt through them and not the seller.
    Amazon have asked me to provide proof of delivery which shows a copy of the signature.
    I have provided Amazon of proof of delivery but they are refusing to acknolage this

I then contacted my bank/ card company and they where unable to assiste because they say the length of time I had the item in my possetion was too long for them to make a not as described case; even though this transaction happened less then 6 months ago

Any thoughs please
    Last edited by Batista230; 20th February 2017, 21:00:PM.
    Tags: None

Re: Money stolen from Amazon

Hello,

Did you pay by credit or debit card? Have Amazon explained why they are not accepting the proof of signature? Surely if you sent the parcel and have proof of when it was delivered (even without signature) that would be evidence that it had been delivered unless proved otherwise
    If you have a question about the voluntary termination process, please read this guide first, as it should have all the answers you need. Please do not hijack another person's thread as I will not respond to you
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    LEGAL DISCLAIMER
    Please be aware that this is a public forum and is therefore accessible to anyone. The content I post on this forum is not intended to be legal advice nor does it establish any client-lawyer type relationship between you and me. Therefore any use of my content is at your own risk and I cannot be held responsible in any way. It is always recommended that you seek independent legal advice.

Comment

Originally posted by R0b View Post
      Hello,

Did you pay by credit or debit card? Have Amazon explained why they are not accepting the proof of signature? Surely if you sent the parcel and have proof of when it was delivered (even without signature) that would be evidence that it had been delivered unless proved otherwise
      Hi and thanks for your reply
      I paid by debit card. Yes Amazon have explained why they are not excepting my proof of delivery and this is there answer

As stated previously, we cannot accept your reply as sufficient proof of delivery for this transaction. We will need proof of delivery that shows the address and the signature of the delivery.

This is usually given by the carrier in the form of a receipt.

This can be sent as an attachment. Please note that we require this document on the letter head of the shipping company.

I have sent them 3 attachments now of the proof of address to this email they have replied to, so it would seam that they can not see I have made an attachment (but I have pointed this out to them every time) or they are refusing to acknolage this.

Yes you are right surly I am in the right, but if they will not give me the money back then they will not give me the money back!
      Is there an Independent complaints mediation service or an ombudsman that deal with this kind of thing?

Thanks
      Batista230

Comment

I think the problem might be the attachment. These can carry viruses. Have you tried copy and paste into the body of the email?

Comment

No I have not, but the fact that they have not acknowledged my email makes me think that they are leading me on

Comment

Is there an ombudsman that deals with this? or how do a take court action agains a company like Amazon?

Comment

The Retail Ombudsman could deal with your complaint, or your alternative is to take Amazon to court, send a letter before action to them as a starting point. If they fail to respond or comply with your then you issue court proceedings. You need to make sure you have everything you need in hand as well as evidence (printouts of the delivery and signature)
              If you have a question about the voluntary termination process, please read this guide first, as it should have all the answers you need. Please do not hijack another person's thread as I will not respond to you
              - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
              LEGAL DISCLAIMER
              Please be aware that this is a public forum and is therefore accessible to anyone. The content I post on this forum is not intended to be legal advice nor does it establish any client-lawyer type relationship between you and me. Therefore any use of my content is at your own risk and I cannot be held responsible in any way. It is always recommended that you seek independent legal advice.

Comment

The Retail Ombudsman Thanks

So I guess I have 2 options then;
                1. Send them a letter before court action or
                2. Send them a letter threatening to report them to The Retail Ombudsman (citizens advice usually keep templates of such letters)

Which option would you go for?

But a company the size of Amazon is massive; where and whom do I address my letter to?

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Batista230 View Post
                  The Retail Ombudsman Thanks

So I guess I have 2 options then;
                  1. Send them a letter before court action or
                  2. Send them a letter threatening to report them to The Retail Ombudsman (citizens advice usually keep templates of such letters)

Which option would you go for?

But a company the size of Amazon is massive; where and whom do I address my letter to?

Thanks
                  I am not sure if you have to pay for the Retail Ombudsman to look at your case but you may want to check their website before embarking down that route. Also some Ombudsman Schemes say that the decision is binding, if it is and you lose, you won't be able to issue a court claim.

As for sending a letter before action to Amazon, you need to be sure you want to go down the court route as it can be time consuming as well as stressful and not everyone can deal with going to court in front of a judge, even though small claims are less formal than other claims. There are also some costs involved, in your case if you do the claim online, it would be £25 to issue the claim and then a further £25 if the claim went to trial.

I had a quick look on the Amazon website, I know you said that Amazon were taking over the matter but they seem to have an "A to Z guarantee" scheme (https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/help/cus...deId=201889250). Do you know if Amazon have filed a claim on behalf of you or are they doing this informally? If they haven't perhaps you may want to file a claim yourself and go down that route, and perhaps you can upload a photo of the delivery which has been signed for, rather than by email.

If they then still deny your claim, you could go down the route of sending a letter before action or the Retail Ombudsman.

** Be sure to check the guidelines before filing a claim that your issue is covered by it (I think it is but double check).

A final note, if you are ordering goods or services overseas which is £100 or more, you may want to pay for it by credit card. This gives you added protection as your credit card provider is jointly liable for breach of contract under s.75 of the Consumer Credit Act. So if you tried to recover the sums back from the supplier and failed, you could instead reclaim the amount from the CC provider.
                  LEGAL DISCLAIMER

Comment

I had a quick look on the Amazon website, I know you said that Amazon were taking over the matter but they seem to have an "A to Z guarantee" scheme (https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/help/cus...deId=201889250). Do you know if Amazon have filed a claim on behalf of you or are they doing this informally? If they haven't perhaps you may want to file a claim yourself and go down that route, and perhaps you can upload a photo of the delivery which has been signed for, rather than by email.
                    OK thanks will try this option first

Comment

Originally posted by Batista230 View Post
                      I then contacted my bank/ card company and they where unable to assiste because they say the length of time I had the item in my possetion was too long for them to make a not as described case; even though this transaction happened less then 6 months ago
                      Any thoughs please
                      A final note, if you are ordering goods or services overseas which is £100 or more, you may want to pay for it by credit card. This gives you added protection as your credit card provider is jointly liable for breach of contract under s.75 of the Consumer Credit Act. So if you tried to recover the sums back from the supplier and failed, you could instead reclaim the amount from the CC provider.
                      So are you saying my credit card company are now in breach of contract under s.75 of the Consumer Credit Act.

Comment

If you paid by credit card and the value of the goods is £100 or more, then your credit card company is jointly liable for any breach of contract which may have occurred, yes that is correct.

Was the transaction by credit card?
                        LEGAL DISCLAIMER

Comment

No it was paid by debit card; dose that make any differance?

Comment

Well yes, because as I said above, unless it was paid by credit card your only remedies are against the seller, or perhaps amazon if they fail to honour their guarantee if your claim is valid.
                            LEGAL DISCLAIMER

Comment

I have gone trough Amazons A-Z thing and this is what they are saying
                              It's too late to file an A-to-Z Guarantee claim. Your opportunity to do so ended 5 Jan. 2017.

It looks like I need to take court action aganst them, do you know who and where to write to them please

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                              Working...
                              X