• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Money stolen from Amazon

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Money stolen from Amazon

OK I now have an address for them of
    amazon uk services
    60 holborn viaduct
    london
    EC1A 2FD

Originally posted by R0b View Post
    A final note, if you are ordering goods or services overseas which is £100 or more, you may want to pay for it by credit card. This gives you added protection as your credit card provider is jointly liable for breach of contract under s.75 of the Consumer Credit Act. So if you tried to recover the sums back from the supplier and failed, you could instead reclaim the amount from the CC provider.
    Can
    you please tell me why you think they are in breach of contract, do you have a quotaion of s75 consumer credic act please?

Comment

Can
      you please tell me why you think they are in breach of contract, do you have a quotaion of s75 consumer credic act please?
      I paid by debit card
      The card issuer is not liable via s75 CCA, as that only applies to credit cards, not debit cards.
      There is another route known as 'chargeback' which can be used for debit cards.
      An explanation of the rules HERE
      CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
      Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
      gets his brain a-going.
      Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
      The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

Also, have a look at 'Resolver'.
        https://www.resolver.co.uk/companies...-uk-complaints
        CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
        Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
        gets his brain a-going.
        Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
        The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

Originally posted by Batista230 View Post
          OK I now have an address for them of
          amazon uk services
          60 holborn viaduct
          london
          EC1A 2FD

Can
          I never said they were in breach of contract, and as Charity has suggested, s.75 relates to claims against the credit card company. Since you paid by debit card, s.75 does not apply to you.

Your next step in terms of taking legal action would be to write a letter before claim. It should set out a brief background to the claim, why Amazon are liable / in breach and what remedy you are seeking to have the matter resolved. You should generally give a timescale to comply otherwise after that date you should inform them of commencing legal proceedings. You should also attach any relevant documentation which in this case is the proof of delivery.

Before going down that route you could opt to make a formal complaint against Amazon (the link Charity has given may be helpful), which may save you time and money if they respond and give you the refund but it is up to you. Happy to look over the contents of the letter / complaint before you send it off if you post up a draft.
          Last edited by R0b; 2nd March 2017, 09:46:AM.
          If you have a question about the voluntary termination process, please read this guide first, as it should have all the answers you need. Please do not hijack another person's thread as I will not respond to you
          - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
          LEGAL DISCLAIMER
          Please be aware that this is a public forum and is therefore accessible to anyone. The content I post on this forum is not intended to be legal advice nor does it establish any client-lawyer type relationship between you and me. Therefore any use of my content is at your own risk and I cannot be held responsible in any way. It is always recommended that you seek independent legal advice.

Comment

I have gone through the amazon complains process and I have been completly fobbed of and lied to
            they keep using the excuse that they cant find some email address that dose not existe and therfor I am not using
            hear is the responce, they keep quoting the same message everytime I reply to them

Hello,

I'm sorry but I couldn't find an Amazon.co.uk account under the e-mail address james.beevor17o09@email.resolver.co.uk.
            For security reasons and to protect your privacy, we can only take action on an account or send account information when the request comes from the e-mail address related to that account. This is the only way to be certain that the request is coming from the account holder and that all personal information is protected. We're sorry for any inconvenience this causes.
            If you’re unable to find the information you need from our Help pages, we would request you to write from the e-mail address associated with your account or send your e-mail via the "e-mail" button found here:
            https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/help/con...questions.html
            If you no longer use the e-mail address you used when you first shopped at Amazon.co.uk, I would strongly recommend changing the e-mail address on file for your account. (As a security precaution, we ask that customers change their e-mail addresses themselves directly on our website. This ensures that the person requesting the change knows the password for their existing account, preventing any unauthorised changes.)
            You can change your e-mail address by visiting Your Account, https://www.amazon.co.uk/your-account and selecting "Login & Security Settings" under the "Settings" section.
            For more information on changing your e-mail address or password, please visit our Help page:
            https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/help/cus...deId=200229180

We appreciate your patience with our security measures and hope to see you again soon.
            Warmest regards,
            Sutharsan L
            Amazon.co.uk

Comment

I think looks like the email they have issues with relates to the "Resolver" service.

Comment

Originally posted by Batista230 View Post
                I have gone through the amazon complains process and I have been completly fobbed of and lied to
                they keep using the excuse that they cant find some email address that dose not existe and therfor I am not using
                hear is the responce, they keep quoting the same message everytime I reply to them

Hello,

I'm sorry but I couldn't find an Amazon.co.uk account under the e-mail address james.beevor17o09@email.resolver.co.uk.
                For security reasons and to protect your privacy, we can only take action on an account or send account information when the request comes from the e-mail address related to that account. This is the only way to be certain that the request is coming from the account holder and that all personal information is protected. We're sorry for any inconvenience this causes.
                If you’re unable to find the information you need from our Help pages, we would request you to write from the e-mail address associated with your account or send your e-mail via the "e-mail" button found here:
                https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/help/con...questions.html
                If you no longer use the e-mail address you used when you first shopped at Amazon.co.uk, I would strongly recommend changing the e-mail address on file for your account. (As a security precaution, we ask that customers change their e-mail addresses themselves directly on our website. This ensures that the person requesting the change knows the password for their existing account, preventing any unauthorised changes.)
                You can change your e-mail address by visiting Your Account, https://www.amazon.co.uk/your-account and selecting "Login & Security Settings" under the "Settings" section.
                For more information on changing your e-mail address or password, please visit our Help page:
                https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/help/cus...deId=200229180

We appreciate your patience with our security measures and hope to see you again soon.
                Warmest regards,
                Sutharsan L
                Amazon.co.uk
                This should be brought to Resolvers attention as they may need to add in an 'account verification' field in their complaints form for Amazon ( and any other firms that respond in a similar way) ... It's a viable concern from Amazon even if it seems like obfuscation.
                #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                Working...
                X