• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Vt car with Startline motors

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vt car with Startline motors

Hi

I was looking for some advice looking to vt my car but they keep saying I need to pay this to get car collected or dropped off at an auction

Further to your email dated 15th February 2017 requesting collection of the above vehicle, please be advised we require payment of #183.00 fee prior to collection as stated on page 3 section 10.1.5 of the terms and conditions of your agreement.
    Tags: None

Re: Vt car with Startline motors

Originally posted by Sandybear1972 View Post
    Hi

I was looking for some advice looking to vt my car but they keep saying I need to pay this to get car collected or dropped off at an auction

Further to your email dated 15th February 2017 requesting collection of the above vehicle, please be advised we require payment of #183.00 fee prior to collection as stated on page 3 section 10.1.5 of the terms and conditions of your agreement.
    The right to terminate a HP agreement is enshrined in s99 CCA 1974 which can be found here http://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/1974/39/section/99

The debtors liabilities on termination can be found here in s100 CCA http://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/1974/39/section/100
    I work for Roach Pittis Solicitors. I give my free time available to helping other on the forum and would be happy to try and assist informally where needed. Any posts I make on LegalBeagles are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as legal advice. Any advice I provide is without liability.

If you need to contact me please email me on Pt@roachpittis.co.uk .

I have been involved in leading consumer credit and data protection cases including Harrison v Link Financial Limited (High Court), Grace v Blackhorse (Court of Appeal) and also Kotecha v Phoenix Recoveries (Court of Appeal) along with a number of other reported cases and often blog about all things consumer law orientated.

You can also follow my blog on consumer credit here.

Comment

Does this mean I will need to pay them to come and collect the car

Comment

Does this mean I will need to pay them to come and collect the car
        Difficult to give an opinion without having all of the facts and papers to hand. In principle the Claimant shouldnt charge for VTing the car. However it would be helpful to have the benefit of all of the papers to hand first
        I work for Roach Pittis Solicitors. I give my free time available to helping other on the forum and would be happy to try and assist informally where needed. Any posts I make on LegalBeagles are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as legal advice. Any advice I provide is without liability.

If you need to contact me please email me on Pt@roachpittis.co.uk .

I have been involved in leading consumer credit and data protection cases including Harrison v Link Financial Limited (High Court), Grace v Blackhorse (Court of Appeal) and also Kotecha v Phoenix Recoveries (Court of Appeal) along with a number of other reported cases and often blog about all things consumer law orientated.

You can also follow my blog on consumer credit here.

Comment

I am dropping off my car at auction house tomorrow so do I fill in the v5 form with the finance companies details and is it best not to sign the condition report.

The car is 9 years old and got few marks which where done before I got car I have only done 2400 miles in it. The problem is I never took photos of paintwork when I bought car but got the car cheap because of marks.

Comment

I am dropping off my car at auction house tomorrow so do I fill in the v5 form with the finance companies details and is it best not to sign the condition report.

The car is 9 years old and got few marks which where done before I got car I have only done 2400 miles in it. The problem is I never took photos of paintwork when I bought car but got the car cheap because of marks.
            Make sure you take plenty of photos of the car before handing over. I would generally suggest not to sign the condition report as there are usually references to agreeing to pay for all damage. Only sign it if you are 100% happy with it and have read the document in full.
            If you have a question about the voluntary termination process, please read this guide first, as it should have all the answers you need. Please do not hijack another person's thread as I will not respond to you
            - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
            LEGAL DISCLAIMER
            Please be aware that this is a public forum and is therefore accessible to anyone. The content I post on this forum is not intended to be legal advice nor does it establish any client-lawyer type relationship between you and me. Therefore any use of my content is at your own risk and I cannot be held responsible in any way. It is always recommended that you seek independent legal advice.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
            Working...
            X