• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Set aside Hearing

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Set aside Hearing

Thanks Di!

Here now, Usher has told me there is. I witness statement and Hoist portfolio are not here. Hearing was at 2, time now 2:36 ... still waiting to be called in.

The original personal loan was 10k and I paid 1/4ths of it ..... distraught circumstances after , I prfer not to go in to detail. I have stabilised myself now and this has come out of nowhere. I do not have any HSBC documents to check the claim against.

- - - Updated - - -

Usher told me there is no witness statement

Comment

So no Witness Statement and no Claimant nor any legal representative from Howard Cohen (yet). And no contact from them since you made your Application to set aside the CCJ.

Is the usher putting you to the back of the queue in case someone pitches up from the other side at the eleventh hour?

Di

Comment

Just spoke to Usher, the other party not being there does not make a difference, that's what she told me

Comment

I think she may mean it doesn't make a difference to you having a hearing which will still go ahead as listed. But what it does mean is that the Claimant won't be there to offer any evidence.

You still have a date with the Judge even if they have chosen to stand him up

Di

Comment

Usher did say I will not be pushed to the back of the line. Hopefully it all turns ok.

Comment

Originally posted by vinghj View Post
              Hopefully it all turns ok.
              I hope it turns out ok too - I'm not getting any work done this afternoon while I hold my breath for you

Di

Comment

Originally posted by Diana M View Post
                I hope it turns out ok too - I'm not getting any work done this afternoon while I hold my breath for you

Di

Comment

lol !!!!

Comment

I now know how an Air Traffic Controller feels

Di

Comment

Originally posted by Diana M View Post
                      I now know how an Air Traffic Controller feels

Di
                      Planely!

(Coat?)
                      CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
                      Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
                      gets his brain a-going.
                      Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
                      The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

Hi I guess this is good news, judgement has been set aside but I have to provide some kind of evidence in 4 weeks to Croydon court. Hats what the judge said, I denied existence of overdraft and also said personal loan is statute barred. She asked me to provide a written defence re the same with supporting documentation if any. I will also need to send this to Howard and Cohen. Once I do this judgement will be set aside and it will go back to the claims stage.... for further hearing if required.

Diana you have been of great help, thank you so much

- - - Updated - - -

I did not receive this in writing from the judge, will I get a letter confirming the same ?

Comment

Well done and nice work Di.

Comment

Originally posted by vinghj View Post
                            Hi I guess this is good news, judgement has been set aside
                            You've guessed right

I thought it was going to be touch-and-go convincing the DJ that you didn't get the claim form until three weeks after it was posted!

You will get a copy of the Order in the post in about 5 days.

It appears she has included Directions (homework) which you must comply with so let's see what the Order says when it arrives.

The main thing is you've been given a second chance to fight this *phew*.

Di

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                            Working...
                            X