• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Halifax Bank

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Halifax Bank

I just find it unfair I'll only pay £1 a month as I am in financial difficulty, why did it have t have 3 people turn up It's unfair £6700 for 1 hour and a half's work?

Comment

Because bank charges is a massive issue and the banks are scared of it starting up again, any bank charge claim will have to be taken forward very carefully as they will be met with very strong ( and expensive if lost) resistance. The costs won't be for just the hour in court - there's the prep, witness statements, defence etc. Do you have a copy of the costs summary?

You will have to complete an income and expenditure form and potentially have your finances assessed by the court if you only offer £1 a month.

So self employed you won't have to worry in attachment if earnings. And did we figure out if you own any assets - property etc ? in case there's any risk of securing the judgment with a charging order.
      #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

I dont own any property etc.

Comment

Good. One less thing to worry about.

Can you post up the N244 you just submitted please.
          #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Here are the costs that I have incurred. On Pdf.
            Attached Files

Comment

Yes we've seen the costs.

Originally posted by sloane82 View Post
              That was the reason I was ill so I could not turn up I have filled out my N244 form and have appealed it.
              It's the N244 form you referred to above that we'd like to see.

Comment

Cant post up the N244 but I have wrote the reasons that I need to appeal this as I was ill on the day reasons for etc that, everything is unfair etc reasons for me not turning up that they, cannot expect me to pay this as I am in fanancial difficulties etc.

- - - Updated - - -

As I have sent this in the post when I was out and about today.

Comment

Ok thanks.

It would be really helpful if you could type out exactly what you put in box 3 and box 10 - form here for reference https://formfinder.hmctsformfinder.j...k/n244-eng.pdf

Did you pay a fee to file it and if so how much?

Comment

Hi Sloane

As I said before it really is an awful shame you were not able to attend but you couldn't and what is done is done. From my limited knowledge you would have to have a very good reason for non attendance in order to get the costs order set aside . If you do have mental health problems, and many of us do, have or will have them, some support from your GP might help

I know this is an awful lot of money but there may be a way out of you have other debts or a low income. That would be a Debt relief order or bankruptcy. I know they sound drastic but you seem to be someone who suffers with anxiety and it may be a way of just getting rid of it all. [MENTION=48934]Debt Camel[/MENTION]

I hope this gets sorted for you
                    Last edited by Kati; 16th July 2017, 16:35:PM.

Comment

I do not suffer from mental health issues, I was ill on the day of the hearing and the case was struck out if I file for bankruptcy or a debt relief order, how does this go against me and for TLT if I file for bankruptcy does this mean that TLT can not ask for any money?

- - - Updated - - -

I just tried to get the form saved but it would not work I'll get the form from the courts.

Comment

I am sorry if I offended you about mental health but you had said you were really stressed and ill on the day which is why you didn't go, so it was an easy error to make. I was in no way suggesting there was anything wrong in it. A massive number of people have mental health problems at some point in their lives - you might be surprised , MIND say it is something like 1 in 4 people

I have tagged [MENTION=48934]Debt Camel[/MENTION] for you as she can no doubt explain the ins and outs of DRO's and BR -

I see you said you were going to CAB, they might be able to offer advice on it as well but depending on the level of debt you have depends on the route and most debts are included - an example is student loans are not included in BR as are court fines

here tells you a bit more https://www.payplan.com/debt_questio...hp?f=14&t=4459

Comment

As we know almost nothing about the OPs circumstances, I am reluctant to speculate on whether bankruptcy or a DRO may be useful.

I think going to CAB and having a full discussion, face to face, is a good move.

Comment

Cheer's I'm going to see the citizens advice bureua hopefully get this matter sorted.

Comment

Originally posted by sloane82 View Post
                              I'm going to see the citizens advice bureua hopefully get this matter sorted.
                              Maybe that's the way forward for you since you can't easily put the clock back with an Appeal of the Judgement (did the DJ get it wrong on a matter of fact or law) or a Set Aside Application (because you were unable to attend the hearing) which will have costs risks.

I've not seen the paperwork which inspired you to set off on your legal/court path.

You seem to have been convinced of the reasons why you should have won.

Whether issuing a claim was foolhardy or not I can't say without seeing the papers but I've always felt in tune with Amethyst's signature which says

“We may not win by protesting, but if we don’t protest we will lose. If we stand up to them, there is always a chance we will win.” Hetty Bower

Maybe you now need to lick your wounds and consider your options.

Everything happens for a reason is my way of seeing things which appear to be a disaster at first sight.

I wish you well with this.

Di

Comment

Well I'm appealing the whole situation as it's unfair sent a complaint againg TLT Solicitors as there fee's were extortionate for an hour and a half's work, and I'm going to see the citizens advice bureau and pay a £1 a month as what I'm legally entitled to do.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X