• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Halifax Bank

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Halifax Bank

I have put all my information up here regarding my case see Sloane Halifax charges TLT will not go through mediation, and I have the hearing next week I do not have a scanner to put any information on you will have to give me a call via pm.

Comment

You haven't posted your actual claim, or their actual defence. I'm sure you have a camera on your phone or something? Or the text for your claim saved on your computer ? All we have is a bit of a rambling summary of what they said in their defence. I don't think we even know how much your claim is for - just ''thousands''.

At the minute you are at risk of summary judgment for abuse of process and risk costs being awarded against you, so you need to take remedial action to try and rescue things.
      #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

I havent got a camera on my phone I have to send everything via post to the courts that's why I'm phoning everyone I can.

Comment

What you really need is to go sit down with a solicitor near where you live with all your paperwork and ask for help. It won't be free but lots of sols do do an initial advice/consult session for a fixed price - usually around £100 - unless you can get in at a local law centre. But time isn't on your side.
          #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Comment

I know I have to do everything I can cheers.

Comment

I could not attend the hearing and I have been told that the case was struck out with costs of £6000 worth of fees which is unfair what can I do?

Comment

Morning Sloanie

Sorry your case was struck out , why were you unable to attend the hearing, I don;t know, but of there was some real family emergency on the day because you did have notice.

Sadly you had been advised you could face costs against you and I know 6K sounds a lot but in the legal world it isn't really. Solicitors can charge 200+ per hour and vat , barristers can charge maybe 10 times that

Comment

Communication is key Sloane and it is seriously impossible to give you any help without some kind idea what you are doing. You were warned about this happening.

Anyway no point in recriminating, You have (probably) 14 days to pay the costs now. What does the judgment actually say ??
                  You will need to negotiate some kind of payment plan with the other side, otherwise they are entitled to enforce the costs judgment - which could be attachment of earnings, charging order, bailiffs ...

How much were you trying to claim ?

It really would be helpful to view your documents - claim , defence, witness statements, application, judgment etc etc. Without having some thing to go on it will be impossible for anyone to have any idea if there is any possibility of appealling the judgment.
                  #staysafestayhome

Comment

I'm going to pay £1 a month as it's unfair and have made complaints against them and contacted the Citizens Advice Bureau.

Comment

have you made a unilateral decision to pay them £1 a month or have they accepted?

CAB will probably tell you to make an offer of payment- that's what they do but if you want to find out if you have a chance of appealing etc you would be well advised to answer some of the questions that have been asked time and time again such as what was your claim and how much for etc.

You really can not say is unfair when you didn't turn up to court, unless there was a damned good reason why you didn't

Comment

Originally posted by sloane82 View Post
                        I'm going to pay £1 a month as it's unfair and have made complaints against them and contacted the Citizens Advice Bureau.
                        We have no idea as to your personal situation. Are you employed ? Do you own a property ? Any assets ?

You will need to go through things with Citizens Advice.

It's unlikely £1 a month will be accepted unless your income and expenditure shows that is all that is affordable, and the claimant does have the option of requesting an order that you attend court to look at your means.
                        #staysafestayhome

Comment

I was really stressed and felt i'll so I felt really bad on the day here is the charges on the accounts.
                          Attached Files

Comment

Wooohoo documents

What happened with i@smart ?
                            #staysafestayhome

Comment

I'll redact some bits off your docs (IBAN etc )

Notice you have lots of TMobile debit card charges marked up? Did you include those in your claim?

Did you produce a spreadsheet with upto date interest calculations ? The actual charges were around £1600 ... presumably the rest was the 'contractual interest' ? How much did you claim overall ?

I'd really like to see the claim you made and their defence and summary judgment application, plus the judgment, if you possibly can.

I wish you'd gone through this before the ruddy hearing, you might have been able to rescue things.
                              #staysafestayhome

Comment

further redacted docs
                                Attached Files
                                #staysafestayhome

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X