• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Court harassment

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Court harassment

Hi everyone - new to this.

Just have a question surrounding family law and dealing with an ex who is also a solicitor and using court as a threat every chance he gets.

He refused to come and see our baby for five weeks to orchestrate a scenario whereby he then lodged an emergency court order for contact (on the grounds he hadnt seen his child in five weeks) - crazy.

we met with child court officer who didn't want to know the context in which we were there which i felt was unfair given the fact he had self imposed the restrictions on him seeing his child,. However, i suggested an arrangement much like what he had previously before refusing to see her (the only difference being it was away from my home (the baby was only 3 months old btw hence why previous visits had been at mine which he hated) which was agreed on, signed and logged as final.

i actually love the routine of this court order however he hates it. As a controlling sociopath, he hates playing to someone else's tune and i think soon after court the realisation dawned on him that while he got the initial thrill out of summoning me to court, thinking i was going to get my wrist slapped as a mother preventing a father from seeing his child, he is still no better off really and still has set times that he is allowed to take his child. i.e. visitors permits which him and his family referred to before court.

It has been in place just over three months and she has only missed one session due to being unwell pre christmas. He is late almost every time with no apology and when latest is flagged calls me petty etc.
    Since October when the contact order was put in place, he has said he'll be taking me back to court again no less than four occasions but never says why and it's never because he has made a request for a change of arrangement that has been denied.

He also barged into my house on the last pick up day saying i was being 'recorded so better shut up' and continued to push past me into my own hall.

I am a busy professional working single mum, with a great job and good support. I am out of my depth with a character like him though - is there anything i can do?legally - where do i stand with court harassment. He told lies the whole time with the child court officer too however, any time i tried to counter them she just shushed me. He is very manipulative so told her before the session that he was extremely anxious about it, that i tell lies and that as he had standing in that very court as a solicitor, he would like the conversation not to focus on past lies and also that he wanted record sealed.

she bought it hook, line and sinker.

I have absolutely no objection to the contact order as stands. The two-three occasions he has the child works well for me and is minimal exposure to someone of his controlling and nasty character so little risk to our baby, at this point. As she gets older, I'm not so sure.

In the interim though, id like to have an idea of what i can do to keep him away from me as constantly living on a knife edge with threats of being dragged back to court only three months after being there FOR NO REASON is starting to take its toll. Court is where he thinks he has an edge on me due to his profession. So he is absolutely abusing the system.

Please help!
    Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
Working...
X