• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Egg Personal loan PPI claim

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Egg Personal loan PPI claim

Hi, I am a newbie was after some help please?

I used Resolver to submit a PPI claim on an Egg Loan taken out in March 1999. I filled out the online form and attached a scanned copy of the Egg personal loan agreement which shows Loan Payment Protection of £644.80.

I thought (but I might be mistaken) that Egg Loan claims were made through Canada Square Operations in Worthing. However, I have today received a letter from Barclays Bank in Leicester that says they have reviewed my PPI complaint and their internal system evidence and they are unable to find a PPI policy on the account held in my name (do they have all the Egg loan information going back that far?) They have asked for a copy of the policy document if I have it or any information to support my claim. I only have the Loan Agreement but this shows the agreement number, amount of loan, amount of loan payment protection and total is the only information I have, it is signed on behalf of Egg and dated.

They said if I am not satisfied and still believe I had PPI then to send them more information and they will renew the case.

No really sure what to do next, as the paperwork I have shows I did have Loan Payment Protection. Would be grateful for any advice. Thank you so much
    Tags: None

Re: Egg Personal loan PPI claim

Hi and welcome, I had a look and found this https://www.citibank.co.uk/personal/complaints-egg.do if you have a read through (i did but very briefly) it looks to me as though this has been mistaken for a credit card complaint and not a personal loan. If this is the case it would have been passed to Barclays who would indeed have no info on you or the loan. Have a read of the info on there it seems to be ok to use the links on there and you may have better luck with that.

Comment

Thank you for your reply, I just rang Barclays and yes my PPI claim was sent to the wrong place. It should have been Canada Square, so Resolver have messed this up. But Barclays could have also have told me in their letter it was not them who deal with Egg Loans!! I am going to print off a form and submit a claim myself to Canada Square. Will let you know how I get on.

Comment

Good on both counts, and good luck x

Comment

I have today received another letter from Barclays informing me they have forwarded my claim onto Canada Square.

Comment

Just wanted to let you know I have today received a letter from Canada Square Operations and my claim has been upheld. A cheque for £1543.87 will be sent to me within the next 20 days. Wow! thats all I can say.

Comment

Magic, spend it wisely now (or not) lol well done x

Comment

Well done, katies mum.
                CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
                Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
                gets his brain a-going.
                Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
                The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                Working...
                X