• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

ppi claim

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ppi claim

I recently received a letter from Barclays bank with respect to joint bank account we held. Apparently their was ppi policy in the overdraft we had and could be entitled to a claim. They contacted me and advised me to put the claim in. I have now received a letter from they saying they can't find a ppi policy on the account in my name... ?? I spoke direct to them and was told yes there is a policy but its in my ex-husbands name and even though it was a joint account I am not entitled to anything?? How can this be right when it was a joint bank account?? Surely I would be entitled to half the claim?? Any help greatly received
    Tags: None

Re: ppi claim

Hi and welcome. A joint account should have both your names on it, so unsure they can say it was in your ex husbands name.
    Also I don't understand this
    Apparently their was ppi policy in the overdraft
    was that written in the letter from Barclays ?

Comment

Hi what I meant was i was told in a letter by barclays there was a ppi policy on the overdraft of the joint bank account after investigating they have told me I am not entitled to any refund as the policy is in my ex-husbands name even though it's a joint bank account I hope that is more clear ☺ thanks for any help you can give

Comment

I may be wrong but it is often the first named on the account that the policy is with and the only one who signed at the time it was taken out,.If you did not sign at the time then imo and I may be wrong the policy in his name only would only be payable to him via a claim or mis selling.

Comment

Originally posted by enaid View Post
          I may be wrong but it is often the first named on the account that the policy is with and the only one who signed at the time it was taken out,.If you did not sign at the time then imo and I may be wrong the policy in his name only would only be payable to him via a claim or mis selling.
          I agree

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
          Working...
          X