• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

PRA GROUP

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PRA GROUP

Hi

PRA bought the debt from MBNA a few years ago, I have established they do owe the debt so not looking for a way out.
    I have been paying £10 a month (of which they agreed) I was paying monthly using their online payment.

The site then stopped accepting payments (they said there was a fault) anyway I then set up a standing order and this has been paid faithfully.

PRA have said they cannot trace the first 2 payments even though I have the proof/bank statement proving the money went out.
    They now say I am in arrears and are hassling me.
    I have given them my banks address, and told them to contact the bank, I even copy/pasted the payment details from my online statement proving the money was paid.

They have threatened me, with further action, I have told them I am on benefits, I have long term MH health problems, all verified, I live alone and have no one to help me with this, outside I am not sure I am at fault.

Please can anyone help me, I am paying back the debt which is less than £500.
    I do not know what else to do.

Thank You
    Tags: None

Re: PRA GROUP

Have you ever sent PRA a formal section 77-79 CCA Request (with a £1 postal order for the statutory fee) which obliges them to produce a copy of your credit agreement with MBNA (and other documents)?

If they can't comply with your request then they can't enforce the debt in court.

You say PRA bought the debt a few years ago. When was that?

And who owned the debt before they bought it? Was it Aktiv Kapital or does the name Experto Credite ring any bells with you?

When did you open the MBNA account and did you have any PPI on it?

Di

Comment

Originally posted by Diana M View Post
      Have you ever sent PRA a formal section 77-79 CCA Request (with a £1 postal order for the statutory fee) which obliges them to produce a copy of your credit agreement with MBNA (and other documents)?

If they can't comply with your request then they can't enforce the debt in court.

You say PRA bought the debt a few years ago. When was that?

And who owned the debt before they bought it? Was it Aktiv Kapital or does the name Experto Credite ring any bells with you?

When did you open the MBNA account and did you have any PPI on it?

Di
      Hi

Thank you for your reply, Aktiv Kapital owned it before.
      I have made sure that they own the debt, I sent my £1 and all came back as them owning it. I took the paperwork to CAB and they checked it for me.
      The original debt from MBNA goes back to about 2007/8.

The problem started after PRA stopped payment access via their website, (although they have always sort of hassled me) I have paid the agreed £10 faithfully, still am, they say they cannot trace two payments when I fist switched to a standing order, but the payments left the bank (this I can prove) so they are hassling me about it).
      I have border line personality disorder and almost 60 years old, living alone on benefits, I cannot handle the stress, when to me, I am making the payments.
      I send them emails explaining all of this, but they fall on deaf ears, and each time they send the same email saying they cannot trace two payments, how the heck am I expected to trace them, they have my bank details.

I am sorry to ramble on, but I am terriefied they will send someone to the house.

Comment

I have asked then to supply me with the dates of the two missing payments.
        If I contact my bank what do I need to ask them (can I recall the payments) and then send them out again. I have no idea what I can or should be doing.

Comment

They have given me until the 17th March to resolve the account (whatever that means) I have emailed them (I take it emails are as good as written) I keep all copies from me and them, to supply me with the two payments they say went missing. I will then contact the bank (I am not sure what else I can do.
          I know I owe £500 but this seems overkill and persecution for such a low figure.
          I have not defaulted on payments, they are at fault when their online payment system went down with NO warning and NO explanation, of which I kept emailing them asking them what was going on, so I was never evading payment (emails they never answered).

Thanks so worried.

Comment

Anyone Please.

Thanks

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
            Working...
            X