• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

MET Parking - McDonalds City Road London

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MET Parking - McDonalds City Road London

Hi there,

I got a PCN from MET Parking back in October.

I ignored until I got a letter through the post from them.

I didn't appeal against until after the 28 days have expired (I know, I know).

The appeal grounds I used was that I was not the driver at that time, using the following wording:

"I received a parking ticket on Oct xxx but I willnot be paying your demand for payment as I was not the driver of the vehicle atthe time in question.I am also under noobligation to disclose who was driving the car so please do not contact meagain with regards this matter. "

They got back to me saying that although they received the letter after the expiry date, they were still rejecting it because there was no one at the premises, etc. and that I should now pay £100.

I ignored this letter too and it has come to a point now where I have now received a letter from Debt Recovery agency, threatening that if they don't receive the amount of £150 they will suggest to their client court action.

They even mention a Supreme Court case in which the Supreme Court ruled that the parking charge was lawful and that this case is seen as an important 'test case' for parking operators. All this sounds to me as scaremongering.

What do you think and how do you suggest I should act now?

Kind Regards
    Tags: None

Re: MET Parking - McDonalds City Road London

http://www.bmpa.eu/companydata/MET_P..._Services.html

If you've come this far down the ignore road you might as well keep on it. Only reply if a proper letter before action or court papers arrive. They don't do court, yet. It takes 6 years to become statute barred.

M1

Comment

Originally posted by mystery1 View Post
      http://www.bmpa.eu/companydata/MET_P..._Services.html

If you've come this far down the ignore road you might as well keep on it. Only reply if a proper letter before action or court papers arrive. They don't do court, yet. It takes 6 years to become statute barred.

M1
      Hi Mystery1

Thank you very much for your reply.

I'm not sure I understand what "statute barred" means.

Thanks

Comment

Timed out. Too late to successfully take legal action.

M1

Comment

Timed out. Too late to successfully take legal action.

M1
          Thanks again.

Too late for me or for them?

Comment

For them. You wouldn't be starting a legal action (claim).

M1

Comment

For them. You wouldn't be starting a legal action (claim).

M1
              Hi mystery1,

thanks for your clarification.

Just to let you know that Debt Recovery Plus (DRP) sent again another letter (notice of intended court action). Basically they are saying that now is the last chance to settle. If I don't do this then they will suggest to their client to take court action against me etc...

I take this as another threat for court action which I should continue to ignore. Just wanted to confirm with you.

They are also saying to go to their website to see a selection of court judgments that their clients have obtained against people who haven't paid. Can't see anything relevant apart from a scrolling ticket with court judgment reference numbers and the amount that the people had to pay etc. I cannot say this is enough evidence.

Let me know what you think.

Thanks in advance.

Kind Regards

Comment

I take this as another threat for court action which I should continue to ignore. Just wanted to confirm with you.
                :okay:

M1

Comment

:okay:

M1
                  Should I continue to ignore then?

Thanks for all your efforts

Comment

Yes.

M1

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                    Working...
                    X