• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Met parking ticket - nuffield health gym

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Met parking ticket - nuffield health gym

I hope someone can give me some advice ... my son attended the gym at Nuffield Health Centre Stockley Park on 7th Feb (where he is a member) but couldn't find any parking spaces ..... however he managed to find a spot eventually which was out of the way and did not obstruct anyone. Anyway, after his workout he found a parking ticket on his windscreen stating £100 fine of £60 if he pays within 14 days - the reason on the notice is 'Out of Bay'. He spoke to the the guy at the gym but they said they had nothing to do with the parking so should he pay or do you think he has grounds to win an appeal ? I hope you can help as he really can't afford this charge
    Tags: None

Re: Met parking ticket - nuffield health gym

http://legalbeagles.info/forums/show...land-and-Wales

He should be at least threatening to cancel his membership if they won't try to help. Front line staff often say this but if the land belongs to the gym then they hired the parking crooks so can cancel if they want to. Management and social media teams are usually the best chance of cancellation.

M1

Comment

Thank you very much for replying M1
      He spoke to the duty manager tonight but didn't get anywhere - she handed him a feedback form and asked him to complete it and hand it in tomorrow - the general manager would then get it !! She did feel sorry for him but said there is nothing she can do about it .... totally useless people. What do you suggest he should do now ... ? Do you think he should appeal even though he didn't park in an 'official' bay.

mscotty

Comment

Yes. Follow the link.

M1

Comment

Sorry what link do you mean ?

Comment

Post #2 :okay:

M1

Comment

Thanks M1 - missed that
              Ok so we should just wait until he receives the NTK letter which can take up to 56 days however on the parking ticket it says that 'in order to be treated as an formal appeal with recourse to popla, the appeal must be received within 28days of the date of issue of the ticket' - this will mean he is too late ? Or are they just using scare tactics here which I must admit worries me

Comment

http://www.britishparking.co.uk/writ...update_V6..pdf

22 Complaints, challenges and appeals
                General principles
                22.1 Under the Code you must have procedures for dealing
                fairly, efficiently and promptly with any communication
                from the motorist. The procedures must give drivers and
                keepers the chance to appeal a Parking Charge Notice.

The keeper must be given an option to appeal. Only members of a rival trade association don't ( IPC). BPA members always have allowed a keeper to appeal as far as i am aware.

M1

Comment

OK thats good ! So do you think he has a good chance on winning an appeal against these robbing scumbags in the end ? If so, we'll go for it !! Sorry for all the questions !!

msscotty

Comment

Decent chance.

Met, as yet, don't do court so even a loss at popla (after they rejet your appeal) doesn't mean payment must be made. http://www.bmpa.eu/companydata/MET_P..._Services.html

M1

Comment

Thanks M1 - that's helpful !!

I noted that after reading bmpa that they suggest that an appeal should be made around the 25th day as the PPC may not send a NTK which then renders any claim invalid. What do you reckon ? Still wait to receive the NTK before appealing ? Or does it not matter too much ?

msscotty

Comment

I would wait. Keeper liability is a powerful weapon for us. Give them a chance to hang themselves.

M1

Comment

Ok ..... will keep you posted on developments ! Thanks for your help - its really much appreciated knowing you are there to give advice

Comment

Hi Msscotty,

How has this situation been resolved? I am literally in the same situation, I have parked In the same space that everyone uses but is not an official bay and have received a letter through the post.

Just wondered if you could let me know if you won or anything as when I had an issue with Halfords, Halfords themselves sorted it out.

Thanks,
                            GW

Comment

Originally posted by Gw92 View Post
                              Hi Msscotty,

How has this situation been resolved? I am literally in the same situation, I have parked In the same space that everyone uses but is not an official bay and have received a letter through the post.

Just wondered if you could let me know if you won or anything as when I had an issue with Halfords, Halfords themselves sorted it out.

Thanks,
                              GW
                              Hi Gw92
                              We ended up paying the £60 fine in the end as I couldn't cope with the stress of fighting them. Nuffield were a complete waste of time and my son has given up his gym membership there due to their terrible customer service and lack of interest in helping their clients. It was clear that my son had parked in a bay that he shouldn't have done as there was photographic evidence so that was the main reason we paid. Sorry Ive not been much help

Msscotty

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                              Working...
                              X