• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Motonovo VT in progress

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Motonovo VT in progress

Hi All,
    I'm new here so please forgive me if I ask questions that have already been done to death.

I sent in my VT letter to motonovo on Friday the 3rd of Feb registered post (letter dated 1st of Feb) Have lost the receipt! But would guess they got in on Mon 6th. My DD would be due to go out next weds 16th and I'm a bit nervous because they haven't been in touch yet. I've been working really hard to get my finances sorted over the lat 6 months and the last thing I want is a red mark on my credit rating.

What should I do?
    Tags: None

Re: Motonovo VT in progress

Phone them up and ask them why they have not responded to your letter.

Comment

Was going to do that tomorrow as I have the day off, what is the danger of them saying that the payment is due regardless? I am actually 2 payments over the half way term by the way.
      Thanks

Comment

Called them today, the letter has not been received!
        Motonovo moved last year and they are still having their post redirected. All the correspondence I have has their old address.
        So I have now emailed a copy of the letter to them, the guy I spoke to said they would put a hold on calling the direct debit until it is all sorted out but also suggested I cancel from my end (already done)
        So now just a case of waiting I guess.

Comment

Right we have movement on this.
          The collection company called and have booked to collect next weds morning yesterday.
          Today I received a letter from motonovo confirming the termination and also setting out the charges for missing items, such as..
          MOT £75
          V5 £235
          Service book £25
          Proof of regular servicing £300

What if I can't prove servicing as I changed the oil myself and its not due a major service yet??
          I also put new pads and discs on not long ago!!!

Any advice on how the pick up should proceed??? Will I be required to sign anything? What if I'm not here and my wife is asked to sign?

Comment

Any input on this anyone? The car is going 8am tomorrow.

Comment

Don't Pay the charges and dont sign anything. Ring the collection company and tell them that the chargesare unlawful and wont be paid. Take lots of photographs of the car. Make sure it is clean and washed. Noyte carefully and measure any scratches and dings. You are only required to keep the car in reasonable condition . Check the tyres make sure they correctly inflatedand ahve legal tread . ~Have all the documents redy and photgraph them . Give them the keys. Make sure that you gor round the car with the collection agent and have him agree to the condition. Do not sign anything they give you .

Comment

Hi Guys,
                Update on this.
                Car was collected as arranged
                I agreed to pay some money for curbed wheels, nothing else was noted as an issue.
                I've checked my credit file to see if the account has been closed and it hasn't been updated yet so I called Motonovo.
                The girl on the phone said I'm actually now showing as a missed payment although I terminated before the due date for payment she also said the car hasn't been sold yet so the account stays open. She told me that they suggest I keep up the payments until the matter has been settled then they'll refund any overpayment.
                I informed of my rights to terminate etc etc and she said she'd pass the matter on and requested I call back next week.
                At this moment in time the last thing I need is anything impacting on my credit rating so I'd like to get a letter off to them for breach of data protection to send a clear message, can anyone help with this please? [MENTION=71570]R0b[/MENTION] maybe?

Comment

Originally posted by stevea63 View Post
                  Hi Guys,
                  Update on this.
                  Car was collected as arranged
                  I agreed to pay some money for curbed wheels, nothing else was noted as an issue.
                  I've checked my credit file to see if the account has been closed and it hasn't been updated yet so I called Motonovo.
                  The girl on the phone said I'm actually now showing as a missed payment although I terminated before the due date for payment she also said the car hasn't been sold yet so the account stays open. She told me that they suggest I keep up the payments until the matter has been settled then they'll refund any overpayment.
                  I informed of my rights to terminate etc etc and she said she'd pass the matter on and requested I call back next week.
                  At this moment in time the last thing I need is anything impacting on my credit rating so I'd like to get a letter off to them for breach of data protection to send a clear message, can anyone help with this please? @R0b maybe?
                  Is there any adverse marker on your credit file at the moment? From a technical perspective, the should update your credit file within a reasonable time to reflect the fact that you have terminated the agreement. I suspect it is a matter of policy for them to close the account once the car is sold, though it shouldn't be dependent on it being sold before the account is closed I would imagine that it is kept open in case they want to recover any charges post termination.

But in my view, such charges would need to go through legal proceedings as you lawfully terminated the agreement and provided you've made all the necessary payments the account should be marked as closed, unless Motonovo dispute otherwise.

As for the breach of DPA letter, I don't have a generic template to provide you but the contents should include that you notified them of termination on X date and you can see that the account remains open when it should be closed, at the time of termination all instalments were up to date and the car is now returned. Therefore they should mark the account as closed and allow them a further 14 days to comply? If they don't then you may consider legal proceedings against them for breach of the DPA.

Though before you do that, be sure thats the road you want to go down, you don't want to be seen as acting unreasonably and/or prematurely, and it is possible they may still apply a late payment / default marker on there.

Happy to look at the content of the letter if you provide a draft
                  If you have a question about the voluntary termination process, please read this guide first, as it should have all the answers you need. Please do not hijack another person's thread as I will not respond to you
                  - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
                  LEGAL DISCLAIMER
                  Please be aware that this is a public forum and is therefore accessible to anyone. The content I post on this forum is not intended to be legal advice nor does it establish any client-lawyer type relationship between you and me. Therefore any use of my content is at your own risk and I cannot be held responsible in any way. It is always recommended that you seek independent legal advice.

Comment

[MENTION=71570]R0b[/MENTION]
                    I now have a missed payment marker on my experian report, just checked tonight.
                    I called Motonovo last week to get an update they said they'd call back and didn't, called again today and got passed around for 10 mins without actually getting anywhere!!
                    What should my next course of action be??

- - - Updated - - -
                    [MENTION=71570]R0b[/MENTION]
                    I now have a missed payment marker on my experian report, just checked tonight.
                    I called Motonovo last week to get an update they said they'd call back and didn't, called again today and got passed around for 10 mins without actually getting anywhere!!
                    What should my next course of action be??

Comment

Hi Stevea63,
                      What was the final out come of this issue of the late payment marker ???

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                      Working...
                      X