• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Problem with First Utility

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problem with First Utility

i have had numerous problems with this company. l decided to switch to another provider and was informed l was in credit. They then said l owed money.
    l finally resolved the issue in December 2015 with a payment arrangement to pay the outstanding monies by standing order. Despite this, l have been hounded/harrassed by CRS debt collection. Rob Lang, the director of the company, has said "if l pay them directly it will cease.
    I`m a senior citizen and this is causing me great anxiety. However, l`m not prepared to give in to their bullying and intimidation. My arrangement is with First Utility not CRS debt.
    Tags: None

Re: Problem with First Utility

Hi and welcome.
    Were you fully satisfied with the outcome in December 2015, that you owed them and you set up a payment plan that they also fully agreed with, have you this in writing?
    Are the standing orders still going out and is there still a balance owing?
    Just trying to find out why your details may have been passed to CRS.

Comment

Hi, thank you.
      I`ve seen an advisor from Age UK on numerous occasions. The advisor helped me to resolve this and agreed the payment plan on my behalf. but, l have been sent numerous text messages and phone calls threatening me. The payment is due to go out on the 28th of the month. On one occasion, the 28th was a Saturday , so the payment `was`nt received until the 30th. Age UK phoned and spoke to Dermot, who said he`d change the due date to the 1st of the month to prevent this happening again. Despite this, l still get threatening calls and sms, l saw an advisor yesterday and Rob Lang, the Director said to pay them directly and it would stop the calls etc. The advisor said to me that it would be the best thing to do. l was extremely dissapointed at this suggestion.

Comment

So you are paying First Utility an agreed amount each month ?
        So Dermot works for United Utilities ?
        Who is Rob Lang and are you speaking to United Utilities or CRS about this I got a bit confused.

Comment

Hi Enaid,

I replied to your comment yesterday, did you receive it? l cannot see it on here. l have to admit, l`m not very good with computers.

Comment

No am sorry it hasn't been posted anywhere by mistake I just had a look, maybe you dind't click post it's easy done.
            Please post again x

Comment

I cant see my post, dont know whats going on lol. I`ll try again. Dermot works for CRS debt agency and Rob Lang is the director of CRS debt agency.

Comment

Well you really should not be talking to them at all your debt is with First Utility and I presume it is with them you have the payment agreement and that you have kept to that agreement.
                You need to speak to them and find out why your details have been passed to a DCA.

Comment

Hi Enaid, thank you for your reply.
                  Ive searched my phone and found a letter from First Utility. Assuring me that l would not be contacted by them again . It was in response to my complaint about CRS harassing me for payment in full. These demands by CRS were generated in March 2016. In spite of the fact an arrangement had been agreed with First Utility in December 2015. I would like to thank you for your kind assistance and will contact First Utility.
                  Many thanks.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                  Working...
                  X