• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Failure to notify - Court Date Set.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Failure to notify - Court Date Set.

Hullo!

After a statutory declaration for an offence from 2010, and despite my citing various sections and Acts and practice directions it appears that the court has "re-opened" the case and I have been summonsed to appear on the 20th of this month. The SD was made by email, yet it still appears to have been automatically relisted.

In the summons I am asked to declare in writing what my plea will be (not guilty...) and " ...anything else you wish the court to consider."

I firstly wish to ask whether I am obliged to enter a plea at this stage and what exactly the court thinks 'anything else' might be, especially in relation to specific procedural rules.

It appears that the case has been raised by the court and not the DVLA, so it is hard to formulate a response.

Thirdly, I now live in the far north of Scotland and this case is being heard in Kent. I would be a bit annoyed to travel all that way and suffer a dropped case when I get there, so how can I ensure that I do get before a magistrate and ask for a wasted costs order?

Thanks in anticipation.

Tony
    Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
Working...
X